Parker 2320 Build Question - TZT3

sbirdrob

Hello,

I am building out an electronics package for a 2019 Parker 2320. The dash is not wide enough to fit a dual TZT3 12'' without serious fiberglass modification.

Dual TZT3 9'' will fit well, however the 9 inch units are not dual chirp and I plan on running a B275LHW transducer.

Question: Is there any other work around I can use to forgo the expensive fiberglass work associated with the TZT3 12'' to get dual chirp system?

Other equipment will be SCX-20, Navpilot 300, DDF3D and NXT radar.

Port helm setup.JPG
Have you already got your electronics? I was told yesterday the 165T/275 transducer (pocket unit) was pushed backorder to June by my authorized distributor. The TZT 3 12F was pushed to March some time. You've lined up almost exactly what I want for my Dyer 29 I'm finishing off for mahi season. I started with the 9" and finally figured out it doesn't provide the utility of the 12". You can't hang the 12" from the overhead? I've got a tiny dash area that was planned for the Cummins panel, but I'm dropping that down next to the helm and putting in the TZT Touch 3 12F at an angle on the dash (which looks a LOT better now). I think it will just . . . barely . . . fit. The only thing not on my list you have is the autopilot. We'll deal with that later.

Attachments

• Port side.jpg
    Port side.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 100
sbirdrob":12lj4p5o said:
Hello,

I am building out an electronics package for a 2019 Parker 2320. The dash is not wide enough to fit a dual TZT3 12'' without serious fiberglass modification.

Dual TZT3 9'' will fit well, however the 9 inch units are not dual chirp and I plan on running a B275LHW transducer.

Question: Is there any other work around I can use to forgo the expensive fiberglass work associated with the TZT3 12'' to get dual chirp system?

Other equipment will be SCX-20, Navpilot 300, DDF3D and NXT radar.

You could add a DfFF1-UHD black box network sounder and get a dual frequency 1kW CHIRP sounder. However, I think there is much to be said for screen real estate and a 9" unit will be limiting beyond just the single channel CHIRP sounder issue. Given your facts, I would find a way to go with a single 16" unit if you can figure out how to fit it. I have a 12" display on my small skiff and it is always a revelation to go back on my larger boat with the 16" displays. 9" is just not that big for even a single panel let alone split with data boxes.

Back