TZT3 Side Scan uses low and high frequency chirp channels ?

mattology

Furuno Super Fan
How does the TZT3 fire high chirp on both channels? I thought one channel was for low, and the other channel was for medium / high.

It seems to me the dual channel chirp capable tzt3's are able to fire the high chirp out of both sounder circuits. If it was only firing out of one sounder circuit, then the 9" should also be capable of firing side scan.

So this makes me believe the 12" and larger are firing high chirp from both channels of the sounder to enable the side scan.

What this makes me wonder is, does this mean that the 12" and newer are also capable of firing a medium and a high chirp at the same time with a software update? how would that not be possible, with some software updates, if it's capable of firing two high frequency signals at the same time?

That would be a nice software update

Just my thoughts, nothing more.

The sounder on the TZT3 has two transducer +/- wire connections used for separate HF and LF. You get a better idea of the wiring by looking at the breakout of the 12 pin pigtail. https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... in_out.pdf
This is much in the same way that the commercial units like the FCV1150 has connections for each freq. Many other sounders on the market use what is called Diplexed transducers that use one pair of wires for both freqs. To the core of your question the unit can support many diplexed transducers using the provided 12/10 pin adaptor or many dual freq non-diplexed transducers by using a direct 12 pin. It can run some single freq CHIRP "Pair" units using the optional "Y" cable. The normal TZT3 sounder is quite flexible in this manner. Ultimately via programing they can get pretty creative and the list compatible list is always expanding. Here is a direct link to selectable transducers for the TZT3 with v2 software. https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... ducers.pdf
This document will be edited soon to add the few extras added with v3 software. Product development passed on they they plan on adding a couple more pairs B175M and B175H and B175M and B175HW (which shows the Medium is not tied to the high output). In regards to your question about the TZT9F, that is a totally diffrent sounder. That sounder is more like the GP1971F. It offers only single freq CHIRP or diplexed 50/200. It doesn't have two separate outputs like the other TZT3 units (12/16/19) do. Because the "soon to be available" side-scan needs two separate signals (one out each side of boat), the TZT9F will unlikely ever be offered that connection option. Hopefully that makes sense.

Johnny Electron":2929kxgd said:
The sounder on the TZT3 has two transducer +/- wire connections used for separate HF and LF. You get a better idea of the wiring by looking at the breakout of the 12 pin pigtail. https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... in_out.pdf
This is much in the same way that the commercial units like the FCV1150 has connections for each freq. Many other sounders on the market use what is called Diplexed transducers that use one pair of wires for both freqs. To the core of your question the unit can support many diplexed transducers using the provided 12/10 pin adaptor or many dual freq non-diplexed transducers by using a direct 12 pin. It can run some single freq CHIRP "Pair" units using the optional "Y" cable. The normal TZT3 sounder is quite flexible in this manner. Ultimately via programing they can get pretty creative and the list compatible list is always expanding. Here is a direct link to selectable transducers for the TZT3 with v2 software. https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... ducers.pdf
This document will be edited soon to add the few extras added with v3 software. Product development passed on they they plan on adding a couple more pairs B175M and B175H and B175M and B175HW (which shows the Medium is not tied to the high output). In regards to your question about the TZT9F, that is a totally diffrent sounder. That sounder is more like the GP1971F. It offers only single freq CHIRP or diplexed 50/200. It doesn't have two separate outputs like the other TZT3 units (12/16/19) do. Because the "soon to be available" side-scan needs two separate signals (one out each side of boat), the TZT9F will unlikely ever be offered that connection option. Hopefully that makes sense.

Yup that is exactly what I thought. Great to hear that the M + H and M + HW options will be available in the future.

This will be another really nice and significant upgrade for the internal dual channel chirp sounders on the 12/16/19.

Back