New Setup for TZT3 12F

maxima

Hi Everyone, I need feedbacks on this this going to work. My friend have purchase a GP-1971F on his Boat and we ready like the current furuno setup, especially the ACCU-FISH™ and Bottom Discrimination with RezBoost™ .

My current setup is with Raymarine -> radar, autopilot, dual 9" + 12' raymarine MFD and transducer.

I fish at 30ft (30% of the time), 40ft-150ft(60% of the time) and make long range trip to fish upto 400ft (10% of the time). In my type of fishing, bottom structure is most important.

What will be the most appropriate setup? for dual MFD + (DFF3D + 165T-TM54) + SS60-SLTD/20 transducer. I have a 24ft boat, so those super huge transducer will fit the bill. Does the SS60 (600w) transducer provide ACCU-FISH™ and Bottom Discrimination + RezBoost™ at 400ft? Any option of 1Kw thru hull like B175 that provides higher power with ACCU-FISH™ and Bottom Discrimination + RezBoost™ .

Does GP-1971F network in pairs or can network to TZT3 12F? or you can only network between 2 units of TZT3 12F?

Also for DFF3D + 165T-TM54 --> this is good to look at 3D structure only? NO ACCU-FISH™ to spot fish? Good to how many feet of water in rough 3-5ft waves??

Hi Maxima,

What will be the most appropriate setup? for dual MFD + (DFF3D + 165T-TM54) + SS60-SLTD/20 transducer. I have a 24ft boat, so those super huge transducer will fit the bill. Does the SS60 (600w) transducer provide ACCU-FISH™ and Bottom Discrimination + RezBoost™ at 400ft? Any option of 1Kw thru hull like B175 that provides higher power with ACCU-FISH™ and Bottom Discrimination + RezBoost™ .

The SS60-SLTD/12 or /20 will provide Bottom Discrimination and Accu-fish but in water depths of 6ft to 300ft on average depending on water conditions, also needs to be 10 knots or less.
526TID-HDD, CA50/200-12M or CA/200-1T are 1KW transducers that are capable of doing Bottom Discrimination. The CA transducers will need a MB1100 because they are not diplexed transducers. B175 single frequency transducers are not capable of bottom discrimination because it needs two frequency's to help calculate the bottom.
Rez Boost should be good at all depths as it's the software inside of the sounder that helps with target resolution with a compatible transducer.

Does GP-1971F network in pairs or can network to TZT3 12F? or you can only network between 2 units of TZT3 12F?

GP1971F is not a network device and cannot interface with TZT12F but can be on the NMEA2000 backbone to receive NMEA2000 data. TZT12F can interface with each other and talk and share network information (sounder/radar).

Also for DFF3D + 165T-TM54 --> this is good to look at 3D structure only? NO ACCU-FISH™ to spot fish? Good to how many feet of water in rough 3-5ft waves??

I like using the cross section view for targeting and locating schools of fish and the triple beam view to locate if they are more port or starboard of the boat and the triple beam view gives you more of that traditional sounder view.
Side scan view and 3D sounder history I would use for more of structure finding.

The DFF3D is rated for about 900ft. With a solid heaving and pitch/roll sensor from like a satellite compass, should still be good enough to reach that 900ft depth in 3-5ft waves.

No Accu-Fish with DFF3D because it only has one frequency. Like bottom discrim. it needs two freq. to help calculate the information.

Back