new 587 with tm260

Snips":3m8y7gj7 said:
Laram51,
If you are seeing gaps in the bottom I would suspect turbulence going over the face of the transducer. If you are seeing vertical lines through the display I would suspect electrical interference. Do you have any screen shots of the display when this happens?

Snips

Hi Snips

Are the vertical lines you are talking about for electrical interference the same as the ones in the attached picture ?

Thanks Andrew

Andrew,
It could be but from that screen shot it hard tell, to zoomed in. If it is electrical noise you will see it come and go as power is cycled to the offending item. What I can see is that there water flow issue going past the transducer causing the target strength to vary. You are using a 4/1 screen advance which is making the targets look blocky.

Snips

Snips":rq77myg4 said:
Andrew,
It could be but from that screen shot it hard tell, to zoomed in. If it is electrical noise you will see it come and go as power is cycled to the offending item. What I can see is that there water flow issue going past the transducer causing the target strength to vary. You are using a 4/1 screen advance which is making the targets look blocky.

Snips

Thanks Snips

Still trying to work out my 295 but can tell if there is fish in 400m to 500m no issues even with my limited skills in tuning it but will try 2/1 and 1/1 and see the difference just when your catching fish you seem to get the if its not broke dont touch it attitude even though it coould be way better.

Thanks Again snips

Andrew

All of a sudden I have these five bubbles appearing on the LED screen of the sounder- FCV587. they dont look like the will be removed by themselves. I think they will only get worse. I would like to sent to to Foruno for repairs. Please let me have an address , also the procedure.
Thanks.

Send the unit to the Furuno Repair Facility with a detailed description of the problem. No RMA number or initial payment is required. Please make sure to include your contact information. The address is listed below for your convenience.

FurunoUSA
Attn:Service
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd.
Camas, WA 98607-9408

Back