Fcv 1150 with airman R509LH

kgb666

Hi,

I just installed my fcv1150 with airman R509LH, I have a few questions please:

1- What tap settings should I use? Is there a table that can show me different tap settings for different frequencies?

2- I mostly use this unit for deep dropping at depths ranging from 300 to 700 meters, what advice on settings do you have in order to actually see bottom fish (black spot sea bream).

3-any other settings or advice will be welcomed please.

Thank you.

kgb666,
The tap settings for the 509LH are "C" for both frequencies. I would start by setting the LF side at 42khz with a band width of 21Khz. The HF side I would start at 155Khz with a BW of 40Khz. Remember the 1150 is blocked out from working in three frequency ranges; 53-65, 111-139 and 171-183Khz. Other settings to start with are screen advance of 1/1, TX rate at 20 and output power of 10.

Snips

Thank you Snips,

Should I logically be able to see fish 1/2kg in size at these depths? If yes, do you have any pictures to show me how to identify fish at these depths and whether or not I should use bottom lock zoom or bottom zoom please?

kgb666,
Yes I would use the Bottom Lock and also the White Line feature to see targets close to the bottom at that depth.

Snips

Snips,

When you mention setting the LF at 42KHz with a BW of 21KHz, do u mean the center frequency to be set at 42?

One more question pls, what is the best frequency to use for deep dropping at depths of 350 to 500 meters pls? And best frequency for snappers at 60 to 150m?

Back