FCV 1150 outputting hardness to Timezero with R509

Scotty B

I just read in one of the topics that you can set up a FCV 1150 to output Bottom Hardness to Timezero PBG while using a R509 Transducer.
Something about the transducer setup to make the 1150 think the XDR is set for the R509.
Does anyone know what the settings are in the transducer setup to do this please?

Magnetron":rldojzcj said:
WalneyDalBosco":rldojzcj said:
Thanks for the answers,

So it is not possible to generate PGB bathymetry with the DI-FFAMP connected with an R509-LH transducer on the NAVNET TZT3 12' equipped with the SXC20 satellite compass?

If you used the hardness feature from a standalone FCV1150 paired with the R509LH, by setting up the FCV sounder to think it had the right specific Furuno XDR's for hardness, it could output something over NMEA to a PC with Timezero Pro that looked like PBG. However, the results probably wouldn't match anything remotely compared to the PBG product the DFF3D Multibeam paired with the TZT3 makes.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Scotty B":ly891pib said:
Does anyone know what the settings are in the transducer setup to do this please?

I believe in the XDCR settings you tell the FCV1150 that you're using something like the 1kW CA50/200-1T model transducer.

Give it a try and post some pics, because while it's cool and it lays something down that looks like PBG. It is just a single echo sounding - I would be hesitant to use the data to start reliably laying down pots with. It wouldn't be the same as the assuredness you are going to get with a DFF3D or WASSP.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Thanks very much for the reply.
So are you saying that the DFF3D outputs Bottom Hardness to Timezero PBG?

The TimeZero with the correct software modules would record it's own PBG from the DFF3D. No the DFF3D doesn't offer the same type of hardness output as the FCV1150/FCV295.

The TimeZero with the correct software modules would record it's own PBG from the DFF3D. No the DFF3D doesn't offer the same type of hardness output as the FCV1150/FCV295.
Johnny E:

I noticed this older post. I need help with Bottom Hardness, Time Zero Pro and DFF3 UHD with a R509LM. Presently finishing up a new boat. Multiple TZT screens, 2 Furuno radars, a SCX 20, DFF 3D, DFF3 UHD, and TZ Pro. Nobeltec Time Zero Pro has a bottom hardness module that will allow bottom hardness data to be recorded displayed Depending on what transducer is being used. I called and spoke with their tech support and was directed back to Furuno's tech support. I have seen responses to other questions about Time Zero on this Forum were directed back to Nobeltec. Is there a specific person there to speak with about Bottom Hardness?? Or can you help. I have asked my dealer and the Nobeltec rep and have not received an answer. Will the bottom hardness module with with the 165T connected to a DFF3D & a R509 connected to a DFF3 UHD? Or should I get another FCV 1150 if I want to record bottom hardness in deeper water?

Thanks

@Deep Blue might be able to answer your questions. Ultimately if done by the PC software it is their support. They do hardness differently as I understand it, so what works or doesn't work for an MFD might or might not apply to their software. Deep blue hopefully can help you here somewhat.

42Duffy,

If you want to deeper bottom hardness, then you have to use the FCV1150 with the R509LH combination.

- Deep Blue ;)

42Duffy,

It all depends on the how depth that you want record bottom hardness..? :unsure: If you plan on staying shallower than 1000 ft, then use the DFF3D and DFF3-UHD, you will have better resolution for your bottom hardness.

If you want to deeper bottom hardness, then use the FCV1150 with the R509LH combination. Just keep in mind that this is going to record lower resolution for the bottom hardness, but it will provide you with a deeper capability.

- Deep Blue ;)
Deep Blue

Will the DFF3 UHD connected to the R509LM ( sorry I mis typed. ) work for recording bottom and hardness in water over 1000 feet?? Or should I use the DFF 3, which I believe is the FCV 1150 in a network sounder module??

Thanks for your help

42Duffy,

Yes, the only option is that you have is to connect the R509LH to the FCV1150 running V.4.03 Software and use it's network port to connect to TimeZero for Bottom Hardness output.

It all comes down to the FCV295/FCV1150...

- Deep Blue

Last edited:
The DFF3-UHD instructions have no mention of bottom hardness, explicitly say it does not do bottom discrimination, and is not listed as a compatible sounder for bottom hardness in TimeZero Pro's system requirements? For Furuno sounders it mentions the fvc 295 and 1150. These will do bottom hardness as long as the transducer is specified in their setup and they are up to date with software. BBDS1 did discrimination with certain transducers in Time Zero which some people recorded as an equivalent of hardness. Welcome any correction...

jp498,

Yikes..! Yes, you are correct. The DFF3-UHD will not do bottom hardness, it doesn't output the right hardness sentence. (caulk this one to wishful thinking on my part...) 🥴

Yeah, its FCV295/FCV1150 if you want to output Bottom Hardness (or the forth coming FCV800) to TimeZero.

- Deep Blue 😣

Back