FCV 1150 HELP!!!!

kgb666

I have an FCV 1150 paired to an Airmar R509LH 2/3KW transducer, i do not seem to be getting the detailed readings i was wishing for.I changed a lot of settings as previously advised but the results are still far from what i require for Deep Dropping detailed reading at depths between 400 and 1000 meters.Is my installed transducer a good match with the FCV 1150? If not, what recommendation in terms of another thruhull transducer should i consider? Can anyone direct me to a detailed step by step in depth link to properly setup my FCV 1150 as i cannot find any detailed and into depth data online.To be honest i was expecting to see much better results with this combo and i still have faith that i will once anyone helps me.Once again, please advise if a change of transducer may be required.One last question, i see some 5 and 10KW transducers that can fit the FCV 1150 but when i look at the specs of the FCV 1150, it shows that it is unto 3KW, kindly clarify this point. Thank you.

kgb666,
Please post a screen shot for us to look at.

As far as using a 5 or 10kw transducer (28 or 50Khz) with the FCV-1150. There is a booster box called the BT-5 that needs to be used when connecting the higher powered transducer to the FCV-1150.

Snips

Back