165T-PM111LM

kgb666

my setup is as follows: i have an FCV-1150 with an R509LH transducer as a separate installation and i also have the tzt2 along with the DFF3D with 2 transducers B54 and B45 hooked into the tzt2.

If i install the 165T-PM111LM i have a few questions please:
1- does the low and medium 2KW chirp work on the tzt2 as chirp? if yes, do i have to install any additional black boxes to have it work in chirp?
3-will the accufish and the bottom discrimination still work on the tzt2?
2- if i also have an fcv-1150 installed, can i also connect this 165T-PM111LM at the same time to both the tzt2 and the fcv-1150?
3-will the performance on the FCV-1150 still be great knowing that the FCV-1150 is not Chirp ready?
4-will the accufish and bottom discrimination work on the FCV-1150 if i use the 165T-PM111LM?
5-is the performance better for deep dropping between 300 to 600 meters on the 165T-PM111LM than the R509LH based on your experience. i have no problem marking the bottom but seeing fish at these depths is proving difficult that is why i am asking.

thnx

Good afternoon KGB666,

Thank you for you inquiry.

If i install the 165T-PM111LM i have a few questions please:
1- does the low and medium 2KW chirp work on the tzt2 as chirp? if yes, do i have to install any additional black boxes to have it work in chirp?

No, the 165T is a combination transducer which has elements for the DFF3D and also elements for a chirp sounder. Furuno USA does have a chirp sounder module called a DFF1-UHD. However, the DFF1-UHD uses a Low Frequency bandwidth and a High Frequency Bandwidth, it does have a medium frequency bandwidth. Potentially you could use just the low frequency side and not the medium with the DFF1-UHD but you would be purchasing a transducer to use just half of its capability.

Furuno USA does have another sounder that can chirp low, medium, and high frequencies. It is called a FCV1900B. However, this sounder is not compatible with the TZT2, it is a stand alone sounder only.

3-will the accufish and the bottom discrimination still work on the tzt2?
No, accufish and BD will not work if you use this transducer. Like above we don't really have a chirp sounder that is compatible with this transducer for low and medium frequency that is still compatible with the TZT2.

2- if i also have an fcv-1150 installed, can i also connect this 165T-PM111LM at the same time to both the tzt2 and the fcv-1150?
Yes and no, the 165T side of the transducer would connect with the TZT2 using the DFF3D sounder module. The PM111lm could connect to the FCV1150 however, the FCV1150 has some limitations with bandwidth. The FCV1150 cannot use the following frequencies: 53-65kHz, 111-139kHz, 171-183khz. So yes you could connect the low and medium frequencies to the FCV1150 but you would not be able to fully utilize the bandwidth the PM111LM can provide.

will the accufish and bottom discrimination work on the FCV-1150 if i use the 165T-PM111LM?
No, the only transducer compatible for Accufish on the FCV1150 is: CA50/2001T. The FCV1150 does not have the bottom discrimination feature.

5-is the performance better for deep dropping between 300 to 600 meters on the 165T-PM111LM than the R509LH based on your experience. i have no problem marking the bottom but seeing fish at these depths is proving difficult that is why i am asking.
No, I would lean towards the R509. Please allow us time to figure out what is going on with your previous IM's.

If you have not heard from Snips, we have discussed some things we saw with your IM. Some of your settings may be wrong. Have you heard from Snips?

dear c-bass,

thank you for all the below, please note that i heard from snips but to be honest, this has dragged for months along with the C-33 issue and i am starting to regret opting for Furuno....

all i want is someone that i can directly communicate with when i am on the boat to do the tests required either through a video call or through a phone call as i think this issue of second guessing what is happening to me is not going anywhere and all i can think of now is moving to other vendors if this is not solved or escalated please. i am sorry for the above but i am frustrated that i spent 30K$ on a full Furuno system from A to Z and am not taking the basics needs from the sounders.

kindly let me know what you want me to do next as i am really frustrated.

thnx

kgb666":3qyxa787 said:
all i want is someone that i can directly communicate with when i am on the boat to do the tests required either through a video call or through a phone call as i think this issue of second guessing what is happening to me is not going anywhere and all i can think of now is moving to other vendors if this is not solved or escalated please. i am sorry for the above but i am frustrated that i spent 30K$ on a full Furuno system from A to Z and am not taking the basics needs from the sounders.

kindly let me know what you want me to do next as i am really frustrated.

thnx

Hi,

Have you ever tried reaching out to Furuno Technical support by phone when you have any questions? Technical support can answer any questions or fix issues over the phone but cannot provide full product training over the phones.

360-834-9300 - Monday - Friday 8am-5pm PST.

hi kicker,

i did and they said they cannot help me and referred me back to my dealer whom helped a lot but i still need to contact someone on the phone in furuno USA or UK or whoever can help me solve my issues. Snips and C-Bass are both very helpful but talking to someone on the phone helps a lot.

Back