TZ-touch3 transducer reccomendation

nautidog

I'm new to Furuno and switching from Garmin. I'm installing a TZ-touch3 and will eventually install a DFF3d with a pocket transducer, but that won't be till next year probably. So what I am looking for is recommendations on a flush mount through hull. I fish the gulf out of tampa and most fishing is anywhere from 30'-250'

Thanks

You don't really have a lot of choice if ou want flush mounted transducers. If you will have a DFF-3D eventually, probably you would want to start with a pair of a tilted element B175H and B175L. The B175HW would have overlap wth the DFF-3D and is not ideal for bottom detail. The other option would be to go ahead and install a combo pocket mount with a B265LH that has the DFF-3D transducer incorporated into it. That would cost more today but be cheaper overall than getting a B175H/B175L pair today and then installing a separate pocket mounted CM54 for the DFF-3D later.

The problem with pocket mount is time. Maybe I’m overthinking a fairing style but my concern is it hanging out the boat and drag. Boat is a 28’ Southport

The problem with pocket mount is time. Maybe I’m overthinking a fairing style but my concern is it hanging out the boat and drag. Boat is a 28’ Southport

I think you are right to avoid a fairing block with an outboard boat of that size, especially if you have good access near the transom and can use the tilted element flush mounts in a good location with clean water on plane. I am very pleased with the performance of my B175H/B175L pair using the TZT 3 internal sounder.

Back