Navigation info during route navigation - GP1971

plapinta

I'm unable to maintain the route navigation info when navigating to an end point. See screen shot, I would like to keep the DTA, TTA, ETA and SOG on the top of the screen. It is displayed for about 5 seconds then disappears and I cannot find any way to retrieve or to keep it at the top of the page. Showing it so briefly doesn't seem to have much value. I tried saving it and 'activating it but it just disappears.
Screenshot_2023-07-05_16-02-29.png

The example is for a Navionics chart. I do have the C-MAP chart but it got corrupted during a failed upgrade(that's a different problem)

While the NavNet TZT2/TZT3 have this type of status "NavBar"; the GP1971F only shows it just as you found during the route creation. Because of the small screen they didn't want to block all the real estate/screen. You can customize the same items like ETA into your normal NavData boxes at the left side of the screen. It will provide you the same information. The boxes can be made translucent so it doesn't intrude too greatly.

Funny, my 20 year old GP1850(6 1/2 inch screen) did display that info. Disappointed with the GP1971 software.

I think the GP-1850 displayed in the nav Information window: Position, Course, and Speed, is this information what you wanted displayed? The nav information window has been moved to the side data boxes due to reasons Johnny Electron mentioned. Now the route planning bar displays: "Total Distance, Total Time, Estimated Arrival Time, and Route Planning Speed" which depends on a user specified destination that's created during the route creation process.

- Maggy

Back