Importing lots of points on Furuno TZT3

mgusciora

Hi all, I have about 1300 or so coordinates with names in a excel spreadsheet that is in no particular format. I have done some research but have found no easy way to import all these into a Furuno format then into the unit. Has anyone done anything similar? Thanks.

I think the best way would be to save a few points into the TZT3 and export out a CSV file. You can then take the CSV file to a PC and open it in Microsoft excel. Looking at the points information you will see the column format and then copy and paste your points to the same column and duplicate what is in the other columns to ensure each line is populated the same. Then save the CSV and try to import it to the TZT3. That normally works very well for anyone with just a list a points like you have.

When I go to "Import User Objects" from settings on my TZT3, it does not identify any of the CSV files. Is there another way to import csv files to TZT3?

A CSV, if it's not formatted the way the TZs like it, than it won't accept the file. Johnny gave some excellent advise on how to get started formatting a document in a way that the TZ's may accept, however it can be time consuming and requires a bit of data manipulation in Excel to achieve results.

You may want to reach out to andren.com who specializes in waypoint conversions. For a fee they may be able to quickly format your all your points that'll easily import with names and symbols (if you want). Furuno also offers assistance converting waypoints from GPX or any competitor's format to Furuno's format, but the waypoints first need to be formatted in some manufacturer's format first and not just a list of values. You can submit this request via our email portal at furunousa.com > getsupport > ask a question.

Hope this helps :cool:

- Maggy :sail

Back