Exporting Navionics Boating App Routes to TZT3

Tommyman

Having no success exporting routes from my iPad Navionics Boating App to my TZT3. TZT3 unit is new, not installed and no previous routes, tracks or points have been entered (all data usage figures were '0' prior to attempting the file import) Process consisted of the following:

1. Export .gpx format route from iPad Navionics App via email to my Outlook mail account on Windows 10 PC
2. Use PC to transfer email .gpx file to FAT32 formatted 16GB USB stick.
3. Plug USB stick into TZT3 port, then boot up the TZT3.
4. Home>Settings>Files>Import>GPX
5. Import Tracks>Select the route (only one on the USB stick)
6. TZT3 provides "Import Successful" message.

Results
1. No route displayed on screen (Routes & Tracks set to ON in Layers menu).
2. Data Usage menu for Tracks and Routes remains at zero.
3. Lists menu shows nothing for Tracks and Points.
4. Shutting down TZT3, removing USB stick, then rebooting TZT3 gives same result.

Questions
1. Am I missing a process step(s) or is this not a compatible process for TZT3?
2. If the file was successfully imported, where is it stored and do I need to erase it (how?) before proceeding on a different path (i.e. correct my process and redo or opening up a CS request to convert the route from .gpx to .tzx)?

Thank You.

If you have WiFi at your boat and have set up a TZ Cloud account and have the TZ iBoat app on your iPad, there is another way to do a transfer that has worked for me many times. This is the same method I used to transfer a thousand old stored waypoints and routes to the TZT 3 when I first got it. I also use it when I plan an offshore fishing trip based on the satellite temperature charts, which I can do at home and then have it automatically appear on the TZT 3s on the boat.

Export the route and save the file on your iPad. Then open the file in TZ iBoat and save it. If your TZT 3 is connected to WiFi and logged in to your TZ Cloud account, it will synchronize and import the new route automatically.

Of course an easier solution is to just create the route in the TZ iBoat app on your iPad or on a computer using the TZ Cloud website. The route will then be downloaded and synchronized with the TZT 3 with no additional step when the TZT 3 is next connected to WiFi.

If you have TZ iBoat try this

From the Navionics boating app

Tap Menu

Tap Tracks

at the top right corner Tap Select

tap the log(s) you want to save / export

At the bottom left click the box with the up arrow, i guess this is the upload button

Tap Export GPX file

It will then give you a list of options to do

Copy, Save to files, Air Drop, Messages, Mail, etc. If you have TZ iBoat, it will load in, and then when you sync up your tzt3 to your iboat account with a good internet connection / wifi / etc

it will all be there just as Quitsa has stated

I have had success with this importing every route and spot i've needed, however i've found some Tracks do not import. I have no idea why.

Quitsa and mattology,

Worked like a charm! I have TZiBoat on the iPad and didn't notice the Navionics app had a direct upload option to TZiBoat. So much easier..... Thank you both for the tip.

Still curious why the USB transfer process isn't working and what happened to the imported file (assuming it really got imported). But the wireless rocks! :jump

Hi All

I am actually trying to sync my waypoints, routes and tracks between my TZT2 and mytimezero navigator. Both are connected to the same wifi networks.
From the TZTW i just to into settings/file/Backup data in the cloud, but when I connect from my pc to mytimezero navigator nothins shows up

same thing if i do Backup data from the cloud, to install on my TZTW all data that have been saved in my computer but nothing happens.

any idea?
thank you in advance
gabriele

Back