TZT3 and Dex/computer setup

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
I have a DEX phone/computer at home, it works very well. The phone acts as the computer through the DEX dock and displays everything on my TV through the HDMI port.
Here is my thought and question.
If a setup like this was plugged into the HDMI of a TZT3 would the TZT3 allow for any touch screen control of the DEX/phone ?
Could you use the TZT3 to view and open an app that was on the DEX setup? The TZT3 would just act as a touchscreen monitor if possible.
Has anyone tried anything similar, maybe with a tablet or PC?
Thanks

this is from the Furuno FAQ page

Can standard touch PC monitors be used with TZtouch3 MFDs for remote
displays?
Yes. TZtouch3 can use standard widescreen touch PC monitors that are HDMI compatible. Non
touch screen monitors are also compatible. An MCU002, MCU004, MCU005 remote or a mouse
could be added for control. While standard monitors can be used, it is recommended that the
monitor be tested with the TZtouch3 MFD before it is mounted to see if it is compatible.
TZtouch3 does not support proprietary drivers, such as 10-point touch features. TZtouch3
supports dual point touch only. Any touch monitor that requires a driver be loaded into the
TZtouch3 will not work. The TZtouch3 can use widescreen PC monitors that are either HDMI or
DVI compatible (with an adapter plug). Non-marine monitors are not recommended for outside
installations or in areas of high brightness. Also consider night-time viewing for installations
using non-marine grade monitors.
TZT12F HDMI output resolution is fixed at 1280 x 720, TZT16F is and TZT19F is fixed at 1920 x
1080. Note: Connected touch monitors must have the same native resolution as the TZtouch3
MFD they are connected to (16 x 9 aspect ratio) as well as have the HPD (Hot Plug Detection)
functionality.

DEX dock similar to what I have

https://www.amazon.com/Docking-Station- ... 180&sr=8-4

good video showing the DEX setup in action on a TZT3 16, all my apps ran smooth, I can even look at my security cameras through the app

Last edited:
buckshot":3d5wziou said:
Could you use the TZT3 to view and open an app that was on the DEX setup? The TZT3 would just act as a touchscreen monitor if possible.

Possibly with a TZT16F/19F, since both support HDMI input and USB touch output for control of external applications. To know for sure would require a DEX and a Samsung S9 or better phone to test with. Maybe you could hook one up and let us know how it performs?

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Ref. P. XV: https://furunousa.com/-/media/sites/fur ... manual.pdf

Back