TZT3 16 Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiccup

Furuno Fan
There was a Furuno booth at the NE Saltwater Fishing Show. A big booth with almost nothing on display (2 or 3 devices with very small screens, not even sure what they were).

I have been planning on a new system based around twin TZT3 16 MFDs. All of the online retailers show a ship date for these units as 4/4/2022. I asked the grouchy guy at the booth and he told me he'd be shocked if I saw the units before "late August" if I ordered today.

Real bummer. Looks like it's time to either switch brands or wait until next winter for the upgrade. No chance I'm going to rip the boat apart in August or September.

Does this guy know what he's talking about? He was also saying that "if my local dealer had ordered them 6 months ago like I warned, they'd have them!" Of course this makes no sense as it was not the demand that was limited but the supply; anything dealers get in stock has already been spoken for.

And right on cue they are in stock at a lot of online retailers.

I cannot understand why Furuno would pay money to have this person sit in an empty booth giving people bad information about how long it would be to get units. I very nearly switched to a different brand because of him. Seems really strange how nobody in the Furuno world knew that these units were about to hit distributors.

Product availability, even during the good days, was as predictable as the weather. :)

Now, add to it a perfect storm of current supply chain logistical issues & Covid-19 related delays and availability becomes as good as an educated guess. :noway

If at a show or somewhere, and product availability is one's big concern right now, the best source of information is going to be calling Furuno and talking to Order Services. :cool

Hope that clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back