Event Data does not include Depth

seaveepete

Furuno Super Fan
I have two TZT2 12" units side by side. I have wired an event button to my STBD side TZT2 unit. That STBD side unit normally displays my chart view. My Port side TZT2 unit is where my XDucer is attached and typically shows my sounder or my radar view.
When I hit the event button over some good bottom I don't get a depth reading on the waypoint. Section 4.3 of the user's guide covers this and it looks like the only way for me to get depth on the waypoints is to rewire things and connect the event button to the Port side TZT2 unit.
Aside from rewiring, is there any other way to ensure that the event mark that is created includes a depth reading from the plotter that is connected to port side unit?

Are you running v6.21 software? You shouldn't have to rewire anything. We just checked ours with v6.21 and the depth value is stored in the point properties even if the point is generated from the plotter. If your sounder doesn't have a bottom fix (depth) then of course it won't have depth.

Thanks. Yes, I am running the 6.21 software on both machines and I did the sounder update also. In all cases where I used the event button I did have a bottom reading so I'm not sure why depth data is not being recorded. The only time that a depth is recorded is when I create a new point directly on the sounder screen.
Maybe I should start another thread on this issue but perhaps it is related...
Again, xducer is connected to port side TZT2. On STBD side TZT2 I can see the depth data in some of my info boxes like the left hand slide out panes, etc. However, I can NOT get a good sounder view on that STDB side unit. I'll try to take a picture next time of what I see but it's basically useless with no depth or bottom contour being shown. This is at the same time when the PORT side unit is working fine and showing a nice clear sounder image.

Then it doesn't sound like the settings or the network between the two units are correct. If the transducer is on the port unit, you should Nickname that unit something clear like TZT2PORT, then ensure that on the starboard unit your sounder source is setup to use TZT2PORT as the source. (MENU - SETTINGS - SOUNDER - SOUNDER SOURCE) I think the problem is you have your starboard unit looking at the internal sounder of that unit without a transducer, so it looks like crap. To see good data, you must look at the internal sounder of the other TZT2 by selecting the correct internal sounder source.

That was the problem - I switched the sounder source on the STBD unit to use the PORT unit which has the xducer connected. However, the issue is that both TZT2 units have the SAME nickname so it's very confusing. I checked the manual and looked through all the menus too but I cannot figure our how to changed the nickname of the units. I want to use TZT2PORT and TZT2STBD but both are named TZT2L12F.
Please advise on where the unit's name is defined.
Thanks!

Home - Settings - Initial setup - SENSOR LIST (you will find little keyboard icon next to the Nickname...hit that)

Back