Display ETA, DTA, and TTA on FI-70 Please!!

mlyman

The FI-70 shows all sorts of data, but not ETA, ETA, and TTA of a route. Please add it! It would be an excellent addition and is already information the the TZT3 has. Thank you!

Not being a plotter, it wouldn't be something it can calculate itself. Do you happen to know which PGN that carries that information? (so it can receive and display).

Oh, I'm way out of my element when you mentioned PGN. Not even sure what that stands for..... but see attached photo, which may help to explain the suggestion.

Right now, my FI-70's don't calculate anything, they just display information that my TZT19F produces... The FI-70's currently display XTE, ETA for the next way point, Range to the next waypoint etc... (bottom right FI-70), but only to waypoints, not the end of the route/destination. My suggestion/ask is to have the FI-70 also display route/destination information, which is already calculated by the TZT3 (I circled on the pic what info exactly) .. specifically, ETA to the destination and DTA to the destination.

I hope that make sense.

IMG_8684.jpeg

Okay... I was off track. I see that you have ETA shown on the FI70 already. I don't think there is an ETA for route as a standard NMEA PGN, at least I couldn't find it in the NMEA book. NMEA would need to establish a suitable PGN to carry the data. I will pass on the thought to product development.

Back