FI-70 “Maintenance is needed” ???

msandrew

My FI-70 display popped up a notice “Maintenance is needed. Engine hour: 2153”

These are not my engine hours, I haven’t run the engine since October, and I turn on this display daily.

Any ideas? No idea where this would be coming from, the engine is monitored on N2K with an Actisense EMU-1, but have no alarms set up. And if the EMU-1 did send out an alarm, why would it appear uniquely on this FI-70, I have no engine gauge screen on this FI-70. :sorry

The book suggests it's not the FI70 but the EMU-1 generating the message, maintenance levels are not set in the FI70. From what I can scrounge up on the internet, could be firmware related. In the EMU-1 if you've upgraded to v0.041 than the "Engine Hour" value in the non-volatile memory may not have been cleared when the boat was put into storage in Oct.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Attachments

• engine-fi70.jpg
    engine-fi70.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 230
Thank you Maggie, for your quick reply. I suspect you are correct. Am thinking the the EMU-1 is counting hours when powered vs when the engine is on. I need to rewire my EMU-1 so that it is powered when the key is at least in tge accessory setting. I think right now, it is always on. What is odd is that an alarm from the EMU-1 displays a notification on any turned-on FI-70…(the ones that were off did not show the notification when I turned them on), must be a feature of the FI-70 to look for and display N2K alarms, as I said, because I don’t have an engine gauge screen set up on most of my FI-70s.

One feature of the FI70 is to just look for error statuses. An uncleared condition in the ECU-1 would trigger the alarm. Perhaps reset the ECU-1 and it'll go away.

Much Appreciated, :sail

- Maggy

Back