Which transducer do i choose for a B164?

mattology

Furuno Super Fan
Hello

I have three transducers on my boat

TM260
B164
165T-TM54

I am looking at comparing the B164 to the TM260, obviously I cannot fire them both at the same time because they will interfere. but I would like to experiment with them. Is there a specific setting to choose when selecting the B164? Obviously with the TM260 I am selecting the B260 setting as it has the same elements.

B164 is connected to TZT9F

TM260 is connected to TZT12F

165T-TM54 is connected to DFF3D

I would like to alternate between the TM260 and B164 turning the internal sounders to stand by when using the other one.

I know the B164 elements are part of the combo dff3d transducer, I just haven’t found the documentation with which ID you use when using the internal sounder with the b164 elements.

For the tm260 it was easy, just select b260 (identical elements 50ae and 200bh)

The 1KW:526TID-HDD (B260) would be the best selection in the TZT9F for the B164. That setting will allow some of the advanced features (like BD and accu-fish) that might not work as well because of the beam angle of the transducer but you can always give them a try. The B164 has common elements between the LF and HF. It is good for flush mounting and getting some extra power but it can't support advanced features due to the elements/angles.

Back