Waypoint Groups

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
It would be very helpful for people who operate in different areas to be able to group marks and routes into a folder type structure. For example, if you take your boat south for winter, you could have a "New England" group and a "Florida" group.

Another use would be to group fishing related marks so they could be hidden or displayed and not clutter the screen when not fishing.

While it isn't group by name, you can basically do what you are looking for by selecting a specific icon for each area. There are tons of symbols to choose from. As a user you can select one type of symbol or one type of COLOR for each regional area. For example all New England could be blue and all Florida could be Red. The same could be done with the many symbol types. To change the current system would be a great undertaking because the points tie to other systems like Nobeltec. I will pass the suggestion but due to the work overhead it is doubtful to change unless a larger number of users find this is an important change.

The issue isn't differentiating between the waypoint types. I already use a different color and symbol for points that I save to mark the locations at which I have caught fish than I do for navigation points.

The problem with your suggestion is that so far as I know, there is no setting that allows a subset of waypoints to be hidden. For example, show all waypoints other than blue. That might be an easier thing to program than creating a grouping function and would achieve the same end result as having groups.

I understand that probably many people don't need this capability. However, it is especially useful for someone who fishes a lot and likes to mark spots and thus ends up with lots of points cluttering the display.

Thanks.

I was surprised when I passed the suggestion on to Product Development that they said this was something already in consideration for the next version of TZT3 software. Hopefully it will come to pass.

Back