Vector Chart Object Density -- channel markers?

Hmmm... In general, the closer you "zoom in" the more certain objects get "revealed," otherwise navigational objects such as Channel Marker locations (or the density of them) is up to the chart maker such as C-MAP/Navionics/Etc.

If you go to HOME > Settings > Vector chart we just have the ability to turn on /off globally some navigational aides and Chart Object size.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Yeah, are we talking on close range, or zoomed out? More density on the higher ranges would just make it an unreadable jumble. You should get more detail as you Zoom in.

mattology":uv2m7pot said:
I'm talking about when zoomed out.

Looking at our different plotters, perhaps Raster charts might provide better navigation in some areas, because they're digitally scanned paper charts and don't change much on zoom. However, maybe changing the color palette of the vector chart might also "bring out" features like channel markers making them more visible.

Try experimenting with Raster Chart v. Vector, Vector in Sunlight (Home > Settings > Vector Chart > Chart Color Palette), and Vector in S52. Than maybe for something different the same experiment but toggling between the different Night/Day modes (Power > Quick Access > Dusk or Night mode).

EDIT: Also a thought, check to make sure those objects are on in Vector Chart too (e.g. Home > Settings > S-52 Display > everything toggled on?).

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Yes, I already switch to raster charting when zoomed out a considerable amount.

Sometimes however i still notice things are a little bit crowded.

oh well, layers on / off etc can account for it. thanks guys.

mattology":22y26p9m said:
Sometimes however i still notice things are a little bit crowded.

oh well, layers on / off etc can account for it. thanks guys.

What's on the chart is up to the cartographers and map makers. It's recommended to keep your charts updated each year as best as possible. ;)

That being said, what's not there or very hard to view, why not add it yourself using cloud.mytimezero.com and TZ My Timezero sync. With 48 different icons and 16 colors It's very easy to add / remove markers, boundary lines, navigational routes, etc. from a PC and have it all sync up to the plotter. :think :cool

Just an idea, :sail

- Maggy

I wish nav icons and depth font sizes were separate. Older eyes really appreciate larger depth numbers. But pairing that with the nav icons results in ridiculously large icons everywhere when you're at a medium sort of zoom.

wkearney99":t538z1mw said:
I wish nav icons and depth font sizes were separate. Older eyes really appreciate larger depth numbers. But pairing that with the nav icons results in ridiculously large icons everywhere when you're at a medium sort of zoom.

I COMPLETELY agree!! This would be a huge improvement!!!

Back