Updating NN3D 12 MFD

Just Enough

I recently tried doing the incremental software update, it seemed to update okay, gave me the completed screen, but when I restarted it just sat on the start-up splash screen. I tried master reset but it did not work, i even held in the [cancel] button for five minutes.? I have two 12", updated the master, slave is booting up but giving error cant find master.

I just tried to upgrade a new to me NN3D 12 MFD display, its the Master of a two unit display with Radar, GPS and AutoPilot. I upgraded using the incremental uploader, per the instructions on youtube. The upload was indicated to be successful by the master unit, i turned off the master unit and both units powered down. When restarted the master unit was stuck on the start screen and the slave unit booted up, but produced an error since the master was not online. I tried the master restart procedure but it did nothing (held the [cancel] button in for close to 4 mins). I then unplugged everything from the master MFD and tired the restart procedure again, to no avail. Is there another process to restart the unit?
Thanks,
Mike

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it must have been older than 2.07. Now that it won't get beyond the start screen is there a way to have it boot form a disk or usb flash drive? Also could I make my other display a master, connect them back together and update the software on the new master MFD? Would it fix the other MFD?

You should disconnect the problem unit from the rest of the system. If you need to go boating, make your other unit the Master (and note its software version) and use it while you look into the issue.

With nothing connected but the power cable to the problem unit, conduct a full OS/APP update (aka combo update) 2.07. The combo update software and instructions are posted on our web site. If it was working before, you should have no problems getting it back up and running.

Question1) Can you tell me what is the differnce between the:

* v2.07 Incremental software
* 2.13 software for MFD8 and MFD12
* MFD8/ MFD12 COMBO v2.13 Software for updating displays with v2.07 or higher

avalible sofftware options for updating my MFD12 using one as a master and one unit as the slave?

Question 2) If I have v2.07 which should I use?

Also, I have these untis at home stored for the winter, and they are not connected to the GPS antenna, Radar, DFF1 and Auto pilot. I thought I might be able to bring them home, update all the software, load in the latest charts and/or satilite images and just be ready to boat after plugging them in in the spring.

Question 3) Should I wait to run the updates until I am connected to all the devises? it sounds like the updates include improvements that impact the Radar and DFF1 units, and I do not know if they need to be connected to properly update, or if it is just updating the control of those devises by the MFD.

Question 4) If I have to wait to do the software update, can I still download the Satilite Image uipdates and new charts? and play with the units in the Demo mode to see the improvements?

Thank you anyone!

2.13 is the newest software but requires that you already have 2.07 or better. If you are trying to focus on one display unit with the rest of the system already having 2.07; you would use 2.07 so that software matches. You should never mix software versions. Either reprogram the problem display with matching software or update all the displays to the current software (2.13). Incremental software is an APP update that also looks over the network to update radar, sounder and other network items. Full 2.13 is both an OS and APP update. You can update display units without it being connected to the boat systems. You would need to run the setup wizard once the device was added to the boat. The charts and operating system are completely diffrent topics and independent of each other. Updating the software will not change your charts. Updating the charts will not change your operating system.

Back