Unclear representation of buoys

aluijten

Although in general I’m quite happy with the TZT2BB system, there is one thing I don’t understand. The representation of buoys is for my (European) eyes very poor. I have attached two files with screenprints of the TZT2 and the TZiboat application on the iPad (upper is the TZT2BB).
I find the iPad representation much clearer. It also represents the actual shape of the buoy much closer. Does anyone know why the Furuno differs from most systems I’ve seen? I would really like it if they could use the same as the TZiboat is using as it is much easier to interpret.

Regards,
Arno Luijten
SV Luna

IMG_1553.jpg
IMG_0332.jpg

iboat uses completely diffrent type of mapping but there are many settings in the TZT2 that allows you adjust the size of the objects and also how they are represented. You might try some of the settings under HOME - SETTINGS - VECTOR CHART . Particularly CHART SYMBOLS, Chart Object SIZE or CHART PALETTE might give you a bit more what you are looking for.

Thanks for your reply. I will look into that. But both systems use the same (vector-navionics) maps so I’m not sure how that makes a difference. It seems to me the plotter is generating the symbols depending on the code it finds in the vector data.
As said before, having worked with many different plotter systems, Furuno seems to be the only one using different symbols.

Regards,
Arno Luijten
SV Luna

After investigation following your remark: It is indeed by changing the setting under HOME - SETTINGS - VECTOR CHART - CHART SYMBOLS from “S52” to “International” the representation of buoys changed to the same I have in iBoat.

Thanks for your help.

Arno Luijten
SV Luna

Back