TZ2 BB not playing nicely with NMEA sensors

aluijten

Dear Forum,

I have this strange problem with my TZ2 BB system. I connected a few sensors from YachtDevices (Temp, Exhaust Temp and Baro) to the NMEA2000 network. The network also has 4 FI-70's and the Navpilot 700 and some other stuff on the network.
If I keep the TZ2 BB off and just have the other stuff on the sensors are providing data just fine. If I turn on the TZ2 BB on at first everything keeps working but after a while the aforementioned sensors fail to provide data, both to the FI-70 as to the TZ2. The sensors stay visible in the network list. All other stuff keeps working.
Using the NMEA monitor of the TZ2 I can see they simply stop providing data but are still there.
I did configure the TZ2 to not output the PGN's for this data to avoid "echo's".
Anyone has a suggestion what can be the problem here. It seems the TZ2 is instructing the sensors to "shut up" in some way that I do not understand.

Kind Regards,
Arno Luijten
SV Luna

If you have ensured no instance conflicts, I would recommend recording the NMEA data and open an official support case with your local distributor and provide them the recording to study.

Back