TZ3 + TZ2 / SCX-20 network issue

Reefhustler

Hi Guys,
I have a TZT2 12 and TZT3 12 all networked up.
I also have a SCX-20 in the network.
My issue is the TZ2 won’t read the data from the SCX-20 and “Lost Position” or “Lost Heading” keeps flashing on the top of the screen.
In the data source the SCX-20 is the chosen source for heading and Position for the network. No issues with the new TZ3 and the SCX-20.
When the TZ3 is not on, and the TZ2 will see the position and heading data.
All software is up to date. And factory reset.

Any help would be very helpful.

Thanks
Dominic

At first glance, it would appear to be NMEA2000 bus issues with your TZTL12F. Try swapping your TZT3 NMEA2000 connection to the backbone with the TZT2 drop and see if the TZT2 improves connectivity while the TZT3 experiences similar issues your TZ2 is having now. If that's the case, maybe it's time to inspect that NMEA2000 backbone.

Just a thought, :sail

- Maggy

Thanks Maggy,
Will give this a try. Funny that the TZ2 will read the data when the TZ3 is off..

Anyone had or know of issues when networking different models like I have?

Feels like it might be a software issue!

Maggy - thanks.

I have just fully re-wired the boat with all new NMEA 2k cables.

I have just run and spare one, and the issue is fixed. Both units reading perfectly.

I struggled to think this could be the issue as all new gear. But clearly a faulty cable.

Thanks again. Most appreciated

Reefhustler (Brisbane, Australia)

Reefhustler":183rstop said:
Maggy - thanks.

I have just fully re-wired the boat with all new NMEA 2k cables.

I have just run and spare one, and the issue is fixed. Both units reading perfectly.

I struggled to think this could be the issue as all new gear. But clearly a faulty cable.

Thanks again. Most appreciated

Reefhustler (Brisbane, Australia)

Fantastic job!! Good to hear~ :jump :jump

Enjoy your Furuno's over down under! :sail

- Maggy

Back