TZ Navigator v4.2 not syncing active route with TZTTouch2 MFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

eheffa

I've been a long-time user of the TZ Navigator software and recently upgraded to a new laptop running Windows 11.

I downloaded the most recent TZ Navigator (v 4.2.0.140 (build 4.2.203.0)) and installed it without apparent problems.

This laptop is connected to a Furuno TZTTouch2 15 inch MFD via a Furuno-ethernet net and have a good connection seeing all relevant NMEA 2000 data and the radar via the Furuno ethernet connection.

When I choose a route in TZ and activate it, this instruction is not being sent to the MFD. In other words, the "Real-Time synchronization of the Active Route and exchange of Routes and Waypoints over the network" is not working.

I thought that an update of my MFD software to version 8.01 from my older 7.x would possibly fix this but it has not remedied the issue.

Interestingly, the older laptop running TZ v4.1.0.50 (build 4.1.606.0) is still working properly and instantly sends the activated route to the MFD. So, it appears that the TZ Navigator 4.2 software is not syncing properly to the Furuno MFD.

This functionality is very important to me and I hope there is relatively easy fix for this issue.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions for a remedy.

-Evan

MV TUGAWAY

Victoria BC Canada

Please contract Nobeltec TZ for support for any of the TZ PC software. It sounds like a software bug if the older v4 build works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back