Problem updaging TZT2BB to V7

aluijten

Hi All,

Initially I had some problems updating the TZT2BB to version 7. It would start updating the charts and once it got to the software update it would flash through a number of popups not doing anything other then rebooting into the old version.
In the end I found out you must use a Windows machine to decompress the ZIP and place the data on a Flash-drive. Initially I used a Mac but apparently they guys in Japan did not account for that.
Once using Windows to create the stick everything went smoothly.

I did notice quite a fundamental change in the way the software is layered in the system. It's really a big upgrade.

Regards,
Arno Luijten
SV Luna

Good to know that you got it working. Ultimately data is data (ones and zeros) and it shouldn't matter if a mac or PC put it there as long as the USB is in the right format. Maybe the Mac was having a problem fully unzipping something properly, not sure. We have found the update to work best using a v2.0 USB stick and following the instructions carefully. (like disconnecting the touch controls from any connected monitor) Congrats on the update.

Back