Upgrading TZTL15F from V7 to V8

livewire

I have two TZTLF I am finally just getting around to updating to V8. In down loading part two to USB drive I forgot to format the USB drive. It still had the files from V7 on it. I got a message saying files were already on the drive, exact duplicates. Question is can I use the old files for part two? Are the files from V7 to V8 part two the same? Does Furuno have preloaded media with the files on it for purchase? Thank you in advanced to any one who will help.

livewire":1jl1r3is said:
Question is can I use the old files for part two? Are the files from V7 to V8 part two the same?

No they are not the same, and it is not recommended to use the same files. It will not update your machine, only the new files will update it.

Does Furuno have preloaded media with the files on it for purchase?

Absolutely, it's Part No.: TZ2-SOF-SD1. Any local Authorized Dealer should be able to sell you one.

Thank you in advanced to any one who will help.

You're welcome, best of luck on the install.

It is recommended to use a Windows PC (Windows 10 is fine) and perform a Quick Format against the USB Drive (Windows 10 Format/Quick Format defaults to FAT32).

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Magnetron, thank you very much for your quick reply. Your information was very helpful. I am going to follow your advice closely. Also thanks for the part number for the pre loaded media. If I am not 100% sure I downloaded the files correctly I will definitely get in touch with local dealer and order. Thank you once again for all of your help.

Back