A useful improvement to the FI-70 firmware

aluijten

I've been looking at the configuration possibilities for the FI-70 ad I would really like to see one small thing added.

In the "Speed Category" you can select a needle meter for the speed. Excellent! What I would like to see added for the data-part of the screen, next to STW, SOG and VMG is Depth.
This way you have a real nice representation for speed and depth on one screen.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna

Can you maybe draw out a picture of what you would envision a single screen layout looking like with the data you would like? I am sure you already tried a custom page but development is looking into the easiest way to make possible changes to it.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your response.
When you look at page 8 of the FI-70 "User Handbook" or page 2-2 of the FI-70 Operators Manual you can see one of the following (see attachment).

My suggestion is to add to the list of items you can pick for "Data Display" / "Displayable data", the depth number.

That way you have a great representation for speed (in graphics) and depth (as a number) one display. It would show much more attractive then just the two numbers in a custom display. Personally I like the speed in a needle instrument representation. For depth I find numbers easier as for me I don't really care if there is 50 or 100 foot of water but I do care about anything less then 10 foot. That is difficult to put into a needle instrument representation. It may be sailboat thing...

From firmware alteration perspective this should be a fairly minor change.

Kind regards,
Arno Luijten
SV Luna

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 20.33.55 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 20.33.55 PM.png
    541.3 KB · Views: 811
  • Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 20.31.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 20.31.26 PM.png
    202 KB · Views: 811
Back