TZT3 version 3.70 update problem

Lunasea

I have a TZT3 that was running version 2.05. I downloaded the update to 3.70 to a USB drive and followed the instructions on the Furuno website.

After starting the unit, the update started. After hearing the three beeps, the unit started re-installing the software update again - it gave me less than 3 seconds to remove the USB drive. Now the unit is stuck in a perpetual update.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Turn it off. Remove the USB. Power it on and it is likely to complete some of the update and then shutdown. Power it back up and check the software version. If it is v3.70; connect to wifi source and update to 3.701. If it didn't update. Conduct the update process again with different media while ensuring to use a PC not apple product to manage the software. There should be no problems recovering from the update issue.

I have a TZT3 that was running version 2.05. I downloaded the update to 3.70 to a USB drive and followed the instructions on the Furuno website.

After starting the unit, the update started. After hearing the three beeps, the unit started re-installing the software update again - it gave me less than 3 seconds to remove the USB drive. Now the unit is stuck in a perpetual update.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Next time use your phone for a hotspot or WiFi at your dock download and install that way it's a absolute breeze compared to the usb manual way

Back