TZT3 Update Vs. 3.01

deeez_nutz

How many times does it copy files to the unit. I have had it restarted 5 times already and each time, copies 100 files, updates, extracts, reboots shows Vs. 3.01 is starting up and again restarts the cycle to install software update. Have not gotten a notice to remove usb, now on 6th cycle.

Same with me was gone for 3 hrs came back it kept recycling. Final was able to press cancel. I don’t think it worked. I used a Mac to download software on USB. not sure it works with Mac .

Yes, you need to remove the USB after the 5-or-so beeps that indicate the end of the install, else it'll start all over again.

..learned the hard way.

Johnny Electron":1g79wbw2 said:
Mine prompted to remove USB, odd that some are not seeing that. What version did you have before the update?

I've seen this on 2.01 -> 2.05 and 2.05 -> 3.01. 3 different units (9, 12 and 16).

Johnny Electron":326r2t6z said:
Mine prompted to remove USB, odd that some are not seeing that. What version did you have before the update?
I saw it on both of my tzt3 19's on 2.01 -> 2.05. Haven't done the 3.01 update yet.

Parent company says if you don't get the "remove USB" notice, then the download was most likely corrupted and missing at least one file called udpatefinish.bin. Always use a good connection when downloading software.

Johnny Electron":2prp1psk said:
Parent company says if you don't get the "remove USB" notice, then the download was most likely corrupted and missing at least one file called udpatefinish.bin. Always use a good connection when downloading software.

That's interesting since the file downloads as a .zip. Unless it isn't being extracted by the decompression software correctly.

Hmm. I do see the UPDATEFINISH.BIN file extracted to the FEC/Update directory.

A random thought: I downloaded, extracted, and created the USB drive on a Mac. That *shouldn't* be a problem but..

danderer":bqhnu8v6 said:

A random thought: I downloaded, extracted, and created the USB drive on a Mac. That *shouldn't* be a problem but..

but... is the USB drive formatted in fat32

- Maggy

I did mine yesterday and created the USB stick with a MacBook Pro laptop. It did give me the message about removing the USB stick. I did the other unit with a microSD card in the Furuno card reader, which is connected to the USB port and it also gave me the message.

On the other hand, several times it put up dialog boxes asking me if I wanted to update "X" but then went ahead and started the update without waiting for me to acknowledge.

I don't think any of the moderators answered the question about whether the update over wireless LAN actually works now. The instructions refer to it but don't tell you anything about how to do it. Is it through the "check for software update" on the settings menu?

Magnetron":3cmsamnw said:
danderer":3cmsamnw said:

but... is the USB drive formatted in fat32

- Maggy

Yup.

Quitsa":2dxr3592 said:
I don't think any of the moderators answered the question about whether the update over wireless LAN actually works now. The instructions refer to it but don't tell you anything about how to do it. Is it through the "check for software update" on the settings menu?

I think I have seen it said that it would happen after this 3.x update.

Wi-Fi update will work sometime in July for those that have v2 or better. (TZT2BB for those that have v8 or better) The server hosting the update software is in the process of being moved to a different server and not yet ready. For those having USB port access problems, I would recommend waiting for the wi-fi update to come online. This feature is well overdue and it will be nice once it gets online.

gtstang462002":1fwle5k7 said:
Is it still recommended to only update one display at a time?

Yes, it is still recommended to only update one display at a time.

- Maggy

Back