HELP!!! Tzt3 12" Updated to 3.01 disaster

Divado7

First off have never updated unit since new.. was running 1.07 perfectly.. figured if it aint broke dont fix it.. well got the new bbwx4 Sirius module to run Xm weather and fish mapping.. need to update for communication purposes..

here we go -- i'm using a mac-- started update to 2.05-- update started but never received "remove usb" i see this is typical for mac.. update appeared to loop and re install for next 2-3 hours.. finally booted up and touch screen would not work at all.. non responsive. also got a hardware fan speed alarm...

had to use roto dial and buttons to navigate.. attempted to shutdown and unit- went through shutdown process and landed on the Navnet tzt3 screen.. would not completely shutdown..if left for 3-5 mins it would reboot.

Found Software 3.01 downloaded with Windows computer-- insert usb stick - turn on machine- starts to install.. everything back up and running so it seems.. touch screen working again as normal. BUT

THE 1st PROBLEM-- Connect to Wireless LAN will not activate.. cannot connect to internet. the wireless toggle will not go from "off" to "on".
THE 2nd PROBLEM-- when shutting down unit will still go through shutdown process and once again land on the NAVNET TZT3 screen-- if left for 3-5 mins it will reboot.

Long story short-- My unit was working flawlessly with original 1.07 software-- I updated to 3.01 and I have no wireless internet connection and Shutdown is not shutting down. PLEASE HELP!!! I have been on the phone with tech support numerous times and no answers. :questions :questions :huh

yes. the update has been applied.. factory reset as well.. not sure what went down but this sure is a headache for what should've been a simple update :(

took a pic of the self test report in service.. this is what's has me wondering if hardware failure during update.. next to LAN ping there is no report.. just -- like this "LAN ping --"

Back