TZT3 Update Vs. 3.01

I have been out fishing a couple of times since doing the v 3.01 update. It seems to me that the internal sounder is working quite a bit better with the new color range expansion turned on with manual gain. It is showing far more distinct fish targets near the bottom than I recall. This is using the HF chirp with a B175H transducer in 20-100 feet of water.

I am curious if other people see this -- it's a significant improvement I think.

Any word on whether the Over the Air update server is operational yet?

If not, I can't for the life of me find the link for the update - can someone point me to it?

Funny you ask. I asked the parent company the same question yesterday. They said they are having some issues getting the new server up and it will be Aug at soonest. I roll my eyes at that but hopefully it gets online eventually.

Bayhouse":dy07a8t7 said:
Any word on whether the Over the Air update server is operational yet?

It's coming soon! :cool

Bayhouse":dy07a8t7 said:
If not, I can't for the life of me find the link for the update - can someone point me to it?

No problem Bayhouse, you can access the download right now by navigating to the support page of a TZT3 product here.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks Maggy - swear I was all over those pages but now have found it. Thanks again.

Reading the install instructions raises a question:

11) Perform a factory reset to the TZT3 per the separate instructions.

Is this an optional step if there is a problem with the update or do I have to do a factory reset for each device after the 3.01 update?

Bayhouse":254961kl said:
Reading the install instructions raises a question:

11) Perform a factory reset to the TZT3 per the separate instructions.

Is this an optional step if there is a problem with the update or do I have to do a factory reset for each device after the 3.01 update?

I think that this is a step that they want you to do on each device.

***This is what I did more as a test willing to go back later and complete the reset if there were issues*** Personally I did the reset on one display and not my other 3 (2 boats with 2 displays each) and not noticed any ill effects. I really didn't want to go through and reset all of my little user preferences across multiple displays. I did do a reset on the sounders though since there was a major feature update in there.

We recommend just to head off any possible software gremlins. If your not having problems and your happy; then enjoy.

I hate gremlins...been having a few that I can't replicate on demand like screen freezing for a while, selecting any tile from Home and getting Weather, etc. so maybe i'll bite the bullet.

Does the backup save ALL of my settings or only some? Gstang's point about "...little user settings...." has me concerned because there are a LOT of settings :shock:

It doesn't backup ALL settings, but most of them. I personally setup them up by hand under General and Initial setup but I get more practice than most. Some settings are GLOBAL and go to all units but some are just at each individual display. If you are wanting to play it safe, turn off all units, then power one unit back-up, clear and restore settings. Then turn off and move to the next. Don't let the MFDs talk until you have done all units on the network; then bring them up together.

Did the update last week and neither of my 19" units prompted me to remove the USB stick. One ended up running overnight as I lost track of it.

I had to monitor the update and pull the USB during one of the reboots when I thought it was done (fortunately, correctly).

Yesterday I updated my TZT9F and TZT12F with the 3.01 software i downloaded from the furunousa site the day before.

I used a newly formatted usb drive 64GB was the smallest i have larger than 32GB, sorry... and copied the unzipped file contents in a windows 10 computer.

The systems installed uneventfully. Both machines prompted the USB stick to be removed, and when they were, the system recognized the drives being removed and automatically rebooted the machine.

I do not have any on the water experience or review yet with 3.01. that will take place next week.

Attachments

• EB0F6B9A-1533-4084-B417-CD8666E35C53.jpeg
    EB0F6B9A-1533-4084-B417-CD8666E35C53.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 181
Quick question….after updating to version 3.01 if I go back now and check for updates I get a product not registered response. I tried looking for a way to register and can’t find any. Prior to update there was no issue. Any one else seeing this?

Updated my 2 TZT3 16's last week with the 3.01, both updated fine. Have not had time to run the boat what are the new additions and/or bug fixes?

Cabo92":m9rrh9is said:
Updated my 2 TZT3 16's last week with the 3.01, both updated fine. Have not had time to run the boat what are the new additions and/or bug fixes?

If you go to the Furuno USA website where you downloaded the update, you will see there was another file labeled "software history." That lists all the changes in the update. This is the case whenever there is an update made available.

So do I need to stay by the unit for two hours and remove the USB at a special point or it will keep reboot and doing if the install (version 3.5 from very old version)?

Ok, yes when it rebooted and said system updating, the USB was not light so I removed and when the unit was down updating, it reboot but didn’t have the USB so didn’t start to update again. It works fine now, it does not state remove USB.

Back