TZT3 16" with two single freq paired transducers

Albiedamned

Will the TZT3 16" run a CHIRP single freq transducer pair with a wye cable?
If yes, could I run a B175HW and a B175M simultaneously and view both frequencies on the split frequency screen?

The TZT16F will only display 1 Transducer at a time. There is no way to bring 2 transducers into the split screen at the same time. If you ran a second TZT you could display a different transducer on it. I hope this helps :D

If I ran an additional TZT, could I use that additional TZT as a source to show on the primary TZT to show the both transducers on the primary unit?

I have not seen an option to have 2 sounders displayed on a single display other than the split frequency from a single sounder and the DFF3D.

Just idea. There seems to be a way around this. Pair 175L 20deg tilt and 175M 16deg tilt Furuno ping tail with 12 pin cable. You can choose b265lm from the Furuno tzt3 options and try it. It looks like it might be on the table, but I don't know if it actually is. Transducer angle values and frequency values seem appropriate. I expect Furuno to come up with a solution to this issue and separate the channels as software.

You can actively use up to two diffrent fish finders (internal or external) at once plus the multibeam sonar; that is maximum per network. Viewing on the MFD, you can only view one fishfinder and the multibeam on screen at once. To see the other fish finder one would need to toggle the fish finder source. If you have two MFDs, it is possible that you see the one sounder and multibeam on one unit while looking at the second sounder on the other MFD; seeing all three in action. Many installs have more than one MFD.

Or I could just get a DFF1-UHD, to do what I want?
Is the DFF1-UHD much of an upgrade from the TZT3 built in chirp sonar, if im running 1K transducers?

The DFF1-UHD has more circuits and it all depending on the transducer connected. The B265LH for example would offer you advanced features using the DFF1-UHD that you won't get with the internal sounder. The signal seen on screen is a bit better on the UHD but they are very close when comparing same transducer.

Kraken":byhq7v2c said:
The TZT16F will only display 1 Transducer at a time. There is no way to bring 2 transducers into the split screen at the same time. If you ran a second TZT you could display a different transducer on it. I hope this helps :D

This is incorrect, the V2 software allows for B175L + B175H with use of a specific cable

and you can run dual chirp with it.

mattology":10hvcyhf said:
Kraken":10hvcyhf said:

This is incorrect, the V2 software allows for B175L + B175H with use of a specific cable

and you can run dual chirp with it.

Is it really only B175L + B175H? Would it not be B175L + (any one of: B175HW/M/H)?

Mattology is correct that you can run two single freq transducers at the same time on the TZT3 but it needs the Y cable as he says, and also must be one of the pairs you can properly setup in the TZT3 software. I always recommend referring to list of selectable TZT3 transducer document on our website that list the pairs along with other transducers. Here is a direct link.
https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... ducers.pdf

I think Kraken meant to say sounders. You can't see two diffrent sounders at the same time on the same MFD with exception to having one fish finder and the multibeam both on screen. If you have two fish finders you can toggle between looking at them (which is quick) or you can view one on at one MFD and the other on the MFD next to it.

Back