Paired transducer setup?

lstitcher

I've searched the Internet pretty thoroughly, but haven't seen an answer to this question.

I was supposed to have B175m and B175hw going to a TZT#16F through a Y cable. The transducers didn't measure out for a proper fit due to Worldcat stringer locations. I went with the same pair, but TM185's.

How do I set this up on the TZT3 to recognize both?

I talked to Allen / Alan at Camas Washington about this dillema before switching up to the TM models. Is there a way to manually select the B!75 equivalent pair? They seem to have the same elements, just a different mounting option?

Thanks in advance!

I talked to Allen / Alan at Camas Washington about this dillema before switching up to the TM models. Is there a way to manually select the B!75 equivalent pair? They seem to have the same elements, just a different mounting option?

Thanks in advance!
Anyone else have a suggestion here?

Because you are trying to color outside the lines if you still going to try that combo, I would recommend discussing with Airmar the differences of the impedances between the two pairs. You might be able to fake the system by choosing one of the designated pairs and use these other transducers you shift over to. You are unlikely to have someone go beyond what is official. You are in uncharted unsupported territory.

Spoke with Furuno (edit, spoke with Airmar) this morning. The TM185's and B175's are the exact same elements, just a different mounting style. This should work, even if we just tell them they are 175's. Question is, how do I do that?

Last edited:
You should be able to turn off the unit, disconnect the transducer, turn on the unit, go into transducer setup and manually pick the TM185 pair, then turn off the unit and reattach the transducer. Selecting the model without anything connected should allow you to bypass any TID roadblock.

Back