TZT3 12F Sirius Radio working but not weather

gdholbrook

New install today of TZT3 12F and BBWX4. Sirius Radio working perfect but no weather. Sent refresh and still not working. Is there a setting to add sirius the weather layer?

Under menu you should find a WEATHER icon. You must setup the weather server for SIRIUS/XM for the data to show.

Johnny Electron":1rvwq73a said:
Under menu you should find a WEATHER icon. You must setup the weather server for SIRIUS/XM for the data to show.

Found it thanks...now how do I get it to automatically loop? On my old Garmin unit it would auto loop and I could see the storm direction.

If you have paid Sirius for the 72 hour forecast information, you just hit the play button at the bottom left of the timeline bar.

Johnny Electron":2d9mysqc said:
If you have paid Sirius for the 72 hour forecast information, you just hit the play button at the bottom left of the timeline bar.

Yes, I have paid "Coastal" Sirius wx plan...and I see the the play button in bottom left but it doesn't seem to be looping. Will double-check when I am on boat again.

Another question please: how do I change depth colors? For example, everything 10' and under is dark blue but I want to make 2' or under a different color if possible.

No...sorry should have clarified: this is for the plotter. I bought the Navionics for S. Florida and up to 10' deep is shaded all one color and would like to know if there is a way to change the color for certain depths. For example, I want to make up to 3' deep a different color.
Thanks

This is quite a bit off topic from the titled topic but there are many plotter settings to adjust depth colors and spot soundings. You can adjust the 3D depth shading under HOME - SETTINGS - CHART PLOTTER - "Depth Shading Values". You can also set shallow contour, safety contour, and depth contour under HOME - SETTINGS - VECTOR CHART. The details of each are explained in the users manual. If the focus is shallow areas you don't want to take the boat, HOME - SETTINGS - VECTOR CHART also has "Sounding in red up to XX" that you could set to your determined safe depth and have spot soundings below the set depth show up in red.

Thanks, found what I needed under: Settings--Vector Chart---safe depth.

Love the TZT3 12" and the DRS12ax I paired with it. The TZT3 is quick, and easy to navigate. The DRS12ax also paints birds beautifully and I marked not just flocks but small, single flying terns this weekend (they all were on top of fish). I did not even have it in bird mode or mess with the gain.

But unless I have something off with the settings, I do find the Sirius weather component extremely lacking. It does not seem to track storms well for me in real time and is highly pixelated. On my old Garmin Sirius weather was flawless tracking storms and rain in real time and I much preferred it over the radar. Hoping to get the Furuno dialed in on the Sirius weather side.

Garmin smooth/modifies the data and while it looks nicer sometimes it is also less accurate compared to what is actually provided by Sirius/XM. You might also try the free NavCenter weather offered by the TZT3 because it is world wide data and offers excellent predictive data up to 16 days in advance. I am glad you hear that you are enjoying the TZT3 and the radar.

Thanks for all of your help so far but...still having issues with getting rain/storm to loop.

I am attaching pics of my settings a video link of what I am seeing (which is not rain/storm movement). The first issue I discovered is that when I did time offset -4 hours for East coast U.S. time, then the weather time bar was stuck on "Yesterday". The device now shows the time 4 hrs ahead of East coast US, but the weather time bar is for "Today". The lightening icons are moving FYI, just not the rain cells. Any thoughts?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/N2CKrUUM1CrLTPEV6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jt51NRQUYb37pj6W6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VvsAQgWkfyHvAhJb9

You might ask Sirius how long of data your radar data has predictions/animation for. Some items they don't provide any prediction information. Unlike the NavCenter weather, I think the most they go is 72 hours with the largest subscription and not all items are predicted. In regards to the default shown on the timeline when you have the correct offset entered; that is a bug. We noticed the same thing with the default on the tide chart when the correct time offset is entered. The parent company is aware and the problem should be fixed with the next software release.

Gotcha thanks. It seems no one else has this issue of the storm cells not looping and at 10:34 of the attached video link it does what Sirius xm weather should do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gZ8mP2JVn8

Sirius weather is such a great tool for off of S. Florida with our afternoon showers and thunder storms. It has saved my arse more than once.

Back