TZT19F Data Exchange Question

RickVicik

Furuno Fan
I'm planning to upgrade my TZT14's to TZT19F's and want to anticipate potential problems.

Each TZT19F has a single SD card on the back which is OK for occasional software & chart updates, but is inconvenient for frequently exchanging points, routes, etc. with a PC.

The "TimeZero Cloud Data Service" seems like a perfect solution since most of the data I exchange with the PC is with TimeZero. The SD card is just an extra step. The only snag is that screenshots may not be supported. I take frequent screenshots of actual situations for the training courses I teach.

The SDU001 is a possible solution, but it appears that each TZT19F requires its own SDU001 and each one uses quite a bit of panel space.

Is it possible to plug a USB memory stick into the USB connector of a TZT19F and export screen shots? If so, I can extend the USB connector of each TZT19F to a waterproof USB connector that is easily accessible and doesn't use panel space.

Any information or advice will be appreciated.

---rick

Is it possible to plug a USB memory stick into the USB connector of a TZT19F and export screen shots? If so, I can extend the USB connector of each TZT19F to a waterproof USB connector that is easily accessible and doesn't use panel space.

Yes but extending USB is tricky because the signal and power of USB is rated to 15 ft. If you need to extend longer than that, you will need to add a power USB hub or something to boost the communication and power before extending further.

RickVicik":2j3396i7 said:
I'm planning to upgrade my TZT14's to TZT19F's and want to anticipate potential problems.

Each TZT19F has a single SD card on the back which is OK for occasional software & chart updates, but is inconvenient for frequently exchanging points, routes, etc. with a PC.

The "TimeZero Cloud Data Service" seems like a perfect solution since most of the data I exchange with the PC is with TimeZero. The SD card is just an extra step. The only snag is that screenshots may not be supported. I take frequent screenshots of actual situations for the training courses I teach.

The SDU001 is a possible solution, but it appears that each TZT19F requires its own SDU001 and each one uses quite a bit of panel space.

Any information or advice will be appreciated.

---rick

I have two TZT 16s. One has the optional external card reader connected to its USB port. The other has a memory stick plugged directly into its USB port. They both work fine for saving screen shots. It would be nice if the card reader were able to be shared across the network. "System A" has that capability.

FYI - I did your exact thought:

I used a 3ft usb off of amazon "BATIGE Single Port USB 3.0 Male to Female AUX Car Mount Flush Cable Waterproof Extension for Car Truck Boat Motorcycle Dashboard Panel - 3ft"

And its been working great.

Back