Data sharing between TZT and TimeZero

SnakeDoc

Hello all,

I'm new on the forum and have a question for you experts.

My installation has two screens in it : a panel PC running TimeZero and a TZTL15F running NavNet TZtouch 2. The two units are linked through LAN (they are both connected to an Ethernet switch, as well as the DRS4D-NXT radar) and they share all kinds of data (I can send routes and points between the two). This part is working just fine.

However, this is where it's going tricky.
I have a SC30 compass plugged in the panel PC (through an Actisense NMEA converter) on a COM port and I can't figure out how to share the data received by the compass with the TZT. I tried and configured a TCP Output source (port 1100) on the panel PC to make it share HDT and GLL data through the network but the data doesn't seem to be received by the TZT.

Do you guys have any idea how I can solve this problem? Am I missing a point in the TZT configuration, or in the panel PC configuration?

Thanks for your help!

SnakeDoc

Nobeltec TimeZero has their own support and this question would belong to them. If you are using an IF-NMEASC you might have to add a 0183 to NMEA 2000 converter to bring the data over to the TZT2 NMEA 2000 network. (Assuming you can't get the PC to transmit the data over with Nobeltec)

Snakedoc,

Couple of questions, is the SC30 on a NMEA2000 backbone?

If it is not an easy way to do this would be to create an N2K backbone and plug the TZT2 into it.

The other option would be to try a TCP output using the following ports below at a 172.31.255.255 scheme.
Not sure if this will work, just theoretical. And the PC will need to be on for this to work. Which is why you should make a small N2K backbone.

10021-Navigation data
10036- Heading data

I would like to add that if there is no N2K backbone you should probably make one. N2K requires certain physical characteristics in order for the data to be shared without hiccups. Some of the requirements include an isolated 12vdc power supply, and (2) 120 ohm terminating resistors, one on each side of the N2K backbone. If you are just running the SC30 with a non isolated 12vdc supply and no terminating resistors, it may work ok now but it does not follow N2K protocol and will likely create issues for you in the future.

C-Bass

Hi!

Was this topic solved? I want to know because I have the same problem.

We have a boat with one TZT2 and TZPro and they want to share the sensors from the TZPro via Network.

They have Gyro, GPS and AIS sensors entering to the computer via NMEA-Serial interface.

The TZT has already detected the TZPro and imported all the waypoints, but not the sensors.

We tried to make an UDP output from TZP but the TZT does not detect it.

Thanks!

Alex.

We never heard back from Snakedoc so it is unknown what method he tried.

However, creating a small N2K backbone is the surefire way to get the data you need into the TZT system. When the SC30 is connected to the backbone and the other TZT's are connected to the same backbone it is just a matter of telling the TZT's what device to use for the source data.

C-Bass

We never heard back from Snakedoc so it is unknown what method he tried.

However, creating a small N2K backbone is the surefire way to get the data you need into the TZT system. When the SC30 is connected to the backbone and the other TZT's are connected to the same backbone it is just a matter of telling the TZT's what device to use for the source data.

C-Bass

Hi C-Bass,

Thanks for your response.

For connecting the sensors via N2K backbone I need one NMEA0183-N2K adaptor for each sensor on each Spur. That's why we wanted to get the data output directly from the computer via Ethernet.

I was interested in this:

"The other option would be to try a TCP output using the following ports below at a 172.31.255.255 scheme.
Not sure if this will work, just theoretical. And the PC will need to be on for this to work. Which is why you should make a small N2K backbone.

10021-Navigation data
10036- Heading data"

Does this works? Why did you mention this ports? The output is TCP or could be UDP?

Thanks!

Alex.

You might need to seek the assistance of a dealer. You must ensure the radar is setup with the correct radar antenna type and the radar aligned to the bow of the boat prior to connecting any heading data.

Back