PBG questions

Bayhouse

Furuno Super Fan
Couple of questions:

1 - Should I install an SD card for PBG recordings and if so, what size?

2 -I will have 2 TZT19F displays, should I put an SD Card in each or just designate one as the "master"? Since PBG is not shared on the network and needs to be exported/imported, a single card seems to make more sense.

3 - Does the SD card go in the slot on the back of the unit or can I use a USB stick in one of the 2 plugs in the harness?

4 - The SD card slot on the back of the unit came loaded with maps - does that need to stay in device? What size card is that, perhaps I can use that for PBG recordings.

Thanks!

I had watched a Furuno video where the techs said the supplied map card has enough empty space to record mapping 8 hours a day 7 days a week for 42 or 43 years.

The PBG records to the 256gb card that comes with each unit with your preloaded maps. There is plenty of free space for the recordings. You can export the files to a USB stick. I let both of my displays record the PBG at the same time. I would like to see future updates allow that information to be shared across the network so only one display needs to be recording and can be viewed on any TZT3 in the network.

Thank you both for the information, very helpful (and impressive the card can record 42/43 years full-time!). I won't have easy access to the back of the units and I wanted to nail this down before the install.

Agree about sharing across the network, was disappointed when I read that in the manual. I think I'll start with one MFD being the master and periodically exporting/importing to the other. I know I won't be consistent with turning PBG on in both and then will have to figure out what to merge.

You can run a USB extension cable to a place that easily accessible to export data to a usb drive. I have 2 boats, each with 2 displays. Of the 4 displays, I can only access the back of one of them easily. The rest of them have short USB extensions added to them for ease of access to the USB port. I t makes life easier for importing/exporting data when needed. In a perfect world we will be able to upload all of our data to our TZT iCloud account for the data to sync across displays/fleet as well.

Back