Transducer selection!

A

Anonymous

Hello, I need some help on choosing the right transducer for 2 setups:

1)Zar formenti forsea rib, 5.70 meters, outboard, FCV 627 , I want to Use BDS and Acufish feature. I am considering the P66 but I wanted to have an opinion regarding which transducer will give optimal results..Maybe a through hull would be better and more accurate?

2)Trophy center console 2503cc, twin outboard, FCV 587, same as above but considering through hull.

Which transducers do you suggest for these boats?

Thank you very much

Hello thank you for the reply,
With the small boat I fish up to 150-200 meters.I know that both transducers p66 or through hull will perform well in this depth, i just want to know if there is any significance difference..

With the trophy boat we fish up to 600 meters..

for example with the fcv 627 in depth of lets say 80 meters, the through hull will give me more accurate result in probability mode of BDS..? And which transducer would be your choice after all?

Thank you

Aggeloscyn,
Transducer mounting aside, I perfer the Bronze 520-5MSD for the FCV-627 when using the BD mode. I feel a metal housing transducer has better overall performance than plastic. When we tested the 520-5MSD for the Bottom Discrimination we found it was slightly better than its plastic counterpart the 520-5PSD. But the 520-5MSD doesn't have a fairing block so the transom mount may be the better choice for your installation. A couple of things to note about using Bottom Discrimination on any of our sounders, the first is having the transducer pointed straight down. The more angled the transducer face is to the bottom the softer indication. Second is that the sounder uses both frequencies for the BD & ACCU-FISH modes even if you are only viewing one. Also the look of your fish targets will change when using either of these two modes because the sounder pulse length changes.

Snips

Thank you very much snips.
What about the other setup wtih the fcv587 .. Will fish to 500-600 meters..

Aggeloscyp,
I feel that' may be a little too deep for good fish detection for the 587 even with the best 1Kw ducer.

Snips

Back