Transducer for GP 1971

Jpra

I’ve searched the threads and think I’m more confused now than ever. I’m looking for a good thru hull for the 1971 that won’t cost me more than the unit. Is $400 reasonable? Mostly inshore sea bass, fluke, wreck fishing with some offshore tuna trolling. Don’t need to see the bottom at 1000’. Would like to have good definition and use the capability of the machine. Looks like they are something like 30 options listed on the products page. Any help narrowing it down would be much appreciated.

Jpra,

Judging from the information that you have provided in your post, and the fishery that you want to do. I'd consider using the 525STID-MSD 600 Watt - 50/200kHz Bronze Thru-Hull Multisensor (10-Pin) Transducer. This transducer will provide the GP1971F with good near shore fishing depths, and with both the Bottom Discrimination and ACCU-Fish capabilities.

The Bottom Discrimination feature helps you when may be looking for structure, or the right bottom to drop anchor or a specific bottom type where your target species lives.

ACCU-Fish can help identify individual or multiple Fish instantly by analyzing their size. ACCU-Fish can detect fish sizes from 4" to 6.5ft, and in depths of 6ft to 328ft.

I hope that you find this information helpful..?

-Deep Blue :)

This is great info, thanks. It does not work with the CHIRP feature correct? I was speaking with an installer that said a thru hull on a 25 ft dual outboard boat wasn’t a good idea. The boat is never trailered so I didn’t understand it.

Jpra,

The GP1971F will support a Single Frequency CHIRP Transducer. However, these transducers will not support any of the Bottom Discrimination or ACCU-Fish functions, as these features require the use of both frequencies. And keep in mind that some single frequency CHIRP Transducers can almost cost as much as a dual frequency 1kw CW Transducer.

The 525STID-MSD that I have recommended for you should accommodate you nicely for the fishery that you are wanting to engage with. Just ensure that you find a good spot to install the transducer that has good clean water flow, with no turbulence.

- Deep Blue

Back