Rezboost vs DFF1 UHD CHIRP

A

Anonymous

Building a system around the Furuno TZT2. I have read as much as I can about the new units and their features.

My fishing is a lot of sight fishing for Cobia and some Flounder fishing inshore. Occasional wreck fishing for Seabass in less than 150' and Offshore trolling between 100' and 1000' for Tuna, Dolphin and Billfish. It is possible in the future I may do deep dropping in 300 to 600' for Tilefish.

Question is Rezboost and 1kw Triducer 526-TID-HDD vs DFF1 UHD CHIRP with B265LH ?

I currently have a Garmin GSD26 with B175L/H Ducers and while it is great I do not see that my fishing has improved purely based on this system vs my prior Furuno NN3D and 1kw B260. Yes the resolution of the GSD 26 is better but I don't think it has helped me put more fish in the boat.

I would like to save some money if possible if the RezBoost will be good enough. Will it be better than the NN3D with 1kw B260?

Thank you for your assistance.

Radiater,
Thank you for your questions. RezBoost was designed to help give you crisper target returns using a regular transducer. From our testing we have found that the RezBoost performance falls right between a DFF1 and a DFF1-UHD. Below is a screen shot I did a couple of weeks ago about 200ft. Hope this helps.

Snips

Attachments

• Rez #6.jpg
    Rez #6.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 2,422
Thank you Snips. Is the Rezboost just a filter or a processing algorithm? It states that it allows TZT2 users to enjoy the benefits of Furuno's commercial sounders.

That screen shot looks decent, and it would be nice to have a DFF1 UHD shot next to it for comparison.

Can RezBoost be left on all the time or does it have to be turned on manually everytime? When you change parameters for specific situations...ie bottom zoom or trolling for Tuna with the machine set for a specific depth range will RezBoost stay turned on?

Will it show thermoclines as easily as CHIRP?

What do you lose with RezBoost on? Processing speed? Sensitivity?

Radiater,
Hard to say about the Thermoclines. During my tests there haven't been any around to judge. RezBoost post processes the received signal but doesn't slow the sounder down. Below is another screen shot showing the entire water column. RezBoost is a selection in the menu and can be turned on (Enhanced) or off (Standard).

Snips

Attachments

• Rez #1.jpg
    Rez #1.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 2,418
Very helpful information Snips. Thank you for your time!!

Back