Transducer help

Indyspecracer

So The more I read, the more I change my mind on my transducer choice. I think I’ve changed my mind 3-4 times now.

My system will have Tzt3-12, scx20, dff3d with 165T-54 transom mount, DRS4NXT and 711 AP.
I primarily fish on the bottom in 80-300 ft of water.

On my last system, different brand, I ran my ducer on a fixed frequency while on plane and on chirp while at slow speed while zeroing in on my spot. Old transducer was a B75H.

I like the B265LH because it will give me deeper capability and maintain high frequency / narrow cone shallow bottom fishing and is chirp ready. This was my last choice, now I’m questioning it because apparently I can not run it at a fixed frequency. That coupled with no Bottom Discrimination and, well, back to the rabbit hole.

My current thought is to go B260, fixed frequency for on-plane performance, gain BD and Rez boost and still have 50hz for deep. I lose CHIRP, but gain Rezboost which would seem to mostly compensate for the loss of CHIRP?

Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Certainly a tough decision,

IMHO, if you're mapping bottom already with the DFF3D, could you tell what the bottom is comprised of in the side-scan without BDS clearly telling you "this is rock"? I think so. Looking at the returns and with experience you should be able to distinguish a strong return that corresponds to a harder bottom, versus a weaker return indicating a soft silty bottom. That being the case, B265LH is boss. :cool:

However, at the end of the day, it comes down to fishing style. Folks that really fish the bottom, that go for wrecks, go for Grouper holes, etc., seem to enjoy the fixed frequency B260. :cool

Deep blue :? or Snips :ugeek: are the experts, stay tuned if they chime in.

Sounds like a fun project, :sail

- Maggy

Maggy,
I’m 100% with you. I really like the B265LH. I’ve never had BD or RezBoost, so I was willing to live without it. If software updates give the 265lh BD at some point it would just be a bonus. The killer for me was not being able to run the 265hl at fixed 200khz. Running only on CHIRP while at speed greatly reduces the quality of the returns. I’ve turned around and fished a spot that I marked many times while running along at 30mph.
Thanks for taking the time to respond

Back