the best choice transducer for GP-1971F

martin777

Hi, I want to buy a GP-1971 for my fishing boat, it’s a 60’ fiberglass trawler. I usually go fishing around seamount reef (60-250m or deeper) for some bottom fish such as: snapper, AJ, Grouper and also other deeper species such as escolar, sickle pomfret or one day I want to try fishing for swords
After browsing through internet, now I bit confuse buying the right 1kw transducer either 526TID-HDD (Traditional), B175M or b175L (Chirp). I also want to have a transducer can support Bottom Discrimination, Enhanced Rezboost, or Accu-fish too.
Hopefully, anyone can suggest me which one to choose if currently my budget is only for 1 transducer

Thanks a lot for any suggestion

Martin777,
If you want to have Bottom Discrimination you will need to use a dual frequency transducer so look at using the CA526TID-HDD.

Snips

Thanks Snips, however i've read somewhere that chirp transducer is really-realy great for bottom fishing too. it can show fish clearly on the screen than traditional transducer.
that's why i confused about choosing the right one, what do u think Snip. thanks

Martin777,
You will need to decide what is more important to you.

Going with the Chirp is going to give you better target separation depth wise but won't be able to do Bottom Classification (Rock, Gravel, Sand or Mud).

Snips

Snip talking about chirp vs traditional transducer, beside CA526TID-HDD can classify bottom structure. Which one do u think will be the best choice in term finding fish? and talking about Chirp transducer, let say B175M for max 457m, do u think it's still good to detect fish around 100m deep. Thanks

Martin777,
If you are having a hard time deciding, I would look at the 526TID-HDD. Going this direction will give you the most flexibility as you will have two frequencies to work with. It will also allow to do Bottom Discrimination, RezBoost and ACCU-FISH.

Steve

Back