Saving DFF-3D Bathy Data

42Duffy

Are there plans to develop a simplified and cost effective way to save bathy data from the DFF3D? The system works great with the TZT3. I wish I could save the information. I have looked at the Nobeltec software. Seems like a throwback to 2000 to buy the basic software and then two additional modules to save data. And the retail price is basically the same as the DFF3D and the transducer. Makes no sense

I think there are several bathy programs on the market that will take depth infomation and store it, Nobeltec being one of the better ones. Furuno has talked about bathy storage in the MFDs since the NN3D but it has never came about. It is a suggestion that has been passed to product development and hopefully one day something will come of it.

42Duffy; The Nobeltec TZ Professional software has some advantages....If you are a professional, it will quickly pay for itself. it is quite awesome with DFF3d.

Sharing/combining data with other fishermen is easy.
If you fish deeper water, you can record single beam sounder where dff3d might not work well.
If you have the right sounder, you have an option to record hardness which dff3d does not do.
Marks/tracks management is way ahead...Marks can include other data.
Using a PC is not a throwback.. It's where the newest and richest features are put forth that might be too complex for a touchscreen.

Back