TZTL12 With DFF-3D Temp. data is unstable

Jimmy

I just finished install the TZTL12 + DFF-3D + B54 thru transducer,
The 3D and cross sounder was amazing,but have problem on SST ( sea surface Temp ) data in side data.

When first Power On in the SST data was 25.6 deg in 2 min ,after that the SST data keep show [ -16 deg ].and [ --- ] on SST data box.

I check all the wiring was fine.
The network and depth data were stable betwan TZT2 & DFF-3D.

The SST data souce select from : DFF-3D

The Equipment Software
*TZT2 : V8.01 ; *DFF-3D : V1.06

My question is : The DFF3D + B54 support SST DATA to TZT2 ?
If yes , have any way to check the temperature sensor was heath of B54 transducer?

VIDEO : TZT2_DFF3d_B54_SST issue

Thank you for your time to read, pls kindly advice.
Best,

Attachments

• IMG_E2259.JPG
    IMG_E2259.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_E2260.JPG
    IMG_E2260.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_E2261.JPG
    IMG_E2261.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thank you Jimmy for the question. The acoustic guys may provide some additional excellent perspective. My take on what's happening is that it appears the temp wires are making contact then not making contact as the boat rocks, like something is pulling on the XDR cable. I would double check the WAGO connector for the TEMP wires and check to make sure there is plenty of slack in the Transducer (XDR) cable. Can you provide a photo of inside the DFF-3D processor?

I would encourage you to also consider a secondary source for depth / SST such as the DST-810MSF/PSF and a SCX20 for superior reliability.

- Maggy

Hi Maggy,

Thank you for quick advice.

Yes, if I will on board again and take photo to you.

Regaud the wire ,I do check three time it look fine.
Also interesting is when power off and trun on it will got the right Temp (25 deg ),that is why make me confuse.

When I think last time to update of DFF3D software,
There are two files on the list that need a software update (Ver 1.04 Update to Ver 1.06)

NG appears after executing the first file software,
But then the second file appears Software update complete

Finally I found the DFF3D version from the network device list
Like my last attached photo, the version is V1.06

I wonder if it's possible that an incomplete software update is causing this problem.

Is there any other function to confirm that the DFF3D software version is updated correctly?

thanks for any comments
Best,

Hi Maggy,

I wonder if it's possible that an incomplete software update is causing this problem.

Is there any other function to confirm that the DFF3D software version is updated correctly?

thanks for any comments
Best,
On the TZTouch MFD, navigate to HOME > SETTINGS > INITIAL SETUP > SENSOR LIST. Let us know what version of software is listed for the DFF3D.

- Maggy

On the TZTouch MFD, navigate to HOME > SETTINGS > INITIAL SETUP > SENSOR LIST. Let us know what version of software is listed for the DFF3D.

- Maggy

Hi Maggy,

Please check attached photo.

Attachments

• IMG_E2261.JPG
    IMG_E2261.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
Greetings Jimmy, thank for confirming your software version in the DFF3D. It appears you have the latest software installed. The next best step I can recommend would be to find a dealer and use a known-good B54 that you wire up to your DFF3D processor and see if you can get accurate temp with that. If so, the temp sensor in the first B54 may be faulty.

- Maggy

Greetings Jimmy, you're welcome. In this situation, the temp sensor in the B54 really is really to augment the multibeam. Long term it is recommended buying a DST-810MSF Smart Sensor for dedicated speed / temp / depth. You'll find this much more reliable too.

EDIT: 11:25A Hey Jimmy, I did some research on the topic. You wrote and your video shows:
When first Power On in the SST data was 25.6 deg in 2 min ,after that the SST data keep show [ -16 deg ].and [ --- ] on SST data box.
I found a troubleshooting document from Furuno's parent company: FEC and rewatched your video. The value "-16.9c" happens to be a factory set value a TZ will display when the MFD's internal sounder is not connected to a temp sensor (like one in a down-sounder transducer). Given this information, I would suspect that if the DFF3D stops providing temp (or the update interval is too slow), the TZ reverts to it's internal sounder. Because there's not a transducer or temp sensor connected to the TZTouch XDR port it displays that "-16.92c" to indicate no temp sensor is present. The only solution recommended by our parent company is to provide the TZ with a dedicated source of temp (e.g. it's own transducer like a B744V or B260) or a dedicated temp sensor like the DST-810MSF. In the United States it's very common to find boats that have a traditional down sounder (TZTouch / B265LH or B275LHW) that augments the multibeam providing secondary sources of depth and temp.

- Maggy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back