DFF3D Bottom Mapping

42Duffy

Your Furuno Connections Season2 videos did an outstanding job of highlighting the clear advantages of Furuno products vs your 3 major competitors.
Check out this YouTube video of the new SeaVee 450Z. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exc4S3EU2-g Here you have the owner of SeaVee outfitting his personal boat with Furuno.
Except for the small Garmin he is installing so he can record bottom data. So, when is Furuno going to provide an integrated solution?????

I am in the process of building a 29' SeaVee and will have two TZT3 12", DFF3D, DIFFAMP (165T-PM542LM, and a B275LHW. I would like to have the option of recording bottom data from the DFF3D. I have looked at Nobeltec software but don't want to lug around a laptop on a center console. And it's too pricey to get all the required modules. Nor do I want to add a Garmin. Please HELP!

And for the Big Boat market Garmin is working with Lindgren-Pitman on controlling the LP Reels from the Garmin units via Bluetooth. Wish I could control my LP reels from my TZT3

There is some suggestion that Furuno intends to add DFF-3D bottom recording to the TZT3 through a software update. Since Nobeltec is heavily involved in the TZT 3 software, I suspect it is a matter of time and priorities before the capability is added. I am not sure that you have any option available today other than the expensive ones you identified of adding a laptop running the TZ software to you network or having a standalone Garmin MFD and another transducer for it.

I am curious as to why it would be useful to control the L-P reels via Bluetooth from your MFD at the helm. In theory I could imagine watching the sounder and wanting to drop on a precise spot you saw without leaving the helm. But that would mean leaving a rigged rod with a big heavy deep drop weight over the side of the boat ready to release, which is not something that I would feel comfortable doing.

Quitsa:
Hopefully you are correct about getting an integrated Furuno solution to bottom mapping with the DFF3D. Hopefully soon. Be nice to hear if there is something in the works.

Using LP reels as dredge reels. I have seen the prototype. It allows the person at the helm to deploy and retrieve the dredges.

I would really appreciate the personal bottom mapping too as I do a fair amount of bottom fishing on structures that are not on NOAA charts or barely shown with no detail.

I can see that for dredge reels, the remote control from the hem would be a nice feature. You had triggered my nightmares of those 8 lb deep drop weights swinging around inches from my very pristine painted topsides and teak transom!

This thread probably belongs under the suggestion topic area. V2 software for TZT3 has some cool things coming in March. I will pass your comments on to product development.

Back