Nav Pilot 300

R

richardt15

My Nav Pilot 300 wanders. When I set it in heading mode it can wander 10-15 degrees befor it will correct and then it over corrects. How do I get it to tighten up? It has had all the updates done as of last month but the tech didn't sea trial it. It is connected to a TZT2 and my engines are 2013 Mercury 300 Verados. I just don't want to have to call the tech back in if its something that I can do myself,

Thank you

It might be worth re-running both the Dockside setup and subsequent Sea Trial again when you have an opportunity; paying close attention to the [Rudder Test] and setting rudder center position in cruising (sometimes that last part gets missed and contributes to "S-ing" behavior).

Edit: If your heading is off with a PG700, you might want to re-calibrate it too.

ref.: https://furunousa.com/-/media/sites/fur ... manual.pdf

- Maggy

A pilot that wanders can be many things including a dockside setup that was done out of the water and then not done again in the water. The heart of the pilot is the heading and the hydraulics. What is the hard over to hard over time?

Back