Nav pilot 300 wont’t engage

Mai-Tyee

Was trolling the other day at 2mph with the Navpilot in manual mode holding its course. I noticed we were starting to veer off course and went back to the helm to see the autopilot went into standby mode. I pressed the standby button to re-engage, nothing. Whenever I press the standby button nothing happens. When I try and go to a point or run a route on my tzt15f msg pops up on the top nav pilot engaged then immediately changes to nav pilot disengaged. The Navpilot still shows an accurate heading and position.

I called tech support and they had me run through the factory reset and walked me through the dockside setup. The auto pilot would control the steering of the verado outboards during the rudder test.

Went out on the water again yesterday to see if it would work and nothing same problem.

I can see the controller is communicating with the processor as it finds it when it boots up. I can also see the tzt15f sees both the processor and controller in its sensor list.

I am kind of at a loss here on what to try next and wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks

B

If running Fantum feedback, speed of 3 knots is greater to ensure valid COG data. If having the need to go very low speeds a rudder feedback sensor is required.

If running Fantum feedback, speed of 3 knots is greater to ensure valid COG data. If having the need to go very low speeds a rudder feedback sensor is required.
Thanks for the reply. Been working flawlessly for months. It won’t engage at speed either. I am at a loss.

Looking at your original post you said you hit STBY to try to re-engage. That isn't how you activate the pilot. If the pilot was taken to Stby status you have two modes to activate it again. 1) Auto mode which will hold the current course and 2) Nav mode which listens to the plotter steering "goto" or active route information. For Nav mode to work an active GOTO or full route must be active.

Fixed it....

Ended up factory restoring a second time entering all the sensors, running the dock side setup & sea trial and it is now working again.

Back