Nav pilot 500

atsea93

I have connected the PG500 but no lights are showing and nav pilot is saying NG ? I tried to clear previous memory but it can’t clear pg500. ? These are replacement parts after other units were damaged , head unit is original

There are no replaceable parts in the PG500. Do you get lights during the clearing process? If you never get lights then it sounds like a power issue. After clearing, the unit should provide a solid status light after about 5 min if it can roughly determine heading. If it has problems establishing a heading the status light should flash. If not getting any status light, the unit might be damaged.

It sounds like a wiring issue if you have two units doing the same thing. Some people wire the units so they get power only when the pilot is ON (getting power from the pilot) and some wire directly to power. I would recommend disconnecting all cables except the power cable and try direct power on the RED (+) and Black (-) and see what you get.

No lights , tested output 12v correct continuity on lead seems ok to , seems strange why it all lights up if ad10 is connected , but ap still doesn’t see the pg500

I’m thinking it is a problem with the lead , I tested it but it’s not consistent !! I’ll buy a new one and try again

Back