GP-1971, Track Color by SST

Adeotec

Does the GP1871 or 1971 have the same ability as the TZT2/3 to change the track color based on changes in SST?

When I called tech support I was told the 1971 is much more limited in what temperature range or track colors can be displayed. I don’t have a unit to test before purchasing but the manual makes me feel like it may function the same as the TZT series.

There are quite a few videos online showing the SST/Track function of the TZT series but I can’t find any videos regarding the GP1871/1971 series.

The GP series is the only unit that will fit in the area of the helm I’d like to install the unit.

Yes, SST is one of the data points it can reference when putting down track colors in the GP1971F/GP1871F. See attached

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Attachments

• gp1971f.jpg
    gp1971f.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 181
Thank you for the response. I compared the Track Color section of both the TZT3 manual and the GP1971 manual. There does seem to be a difference between the manuals.

The TZT manual sates you can choose the track color based on SST Range or SST Variation. However the GP1971 only lists SST Variation as an option.

The SST Range option is pretty clear. You simply select a color and give that color a SST value (70 degrees is blue, 71 degrees is green, 72 degrees is yellow, 73 degrees is red). The SST Range option is pretty straightforward.

I’m not clear how SST Variation option works. This is the only option listed in the GP1971 manual.

Can you please elaborate on how the SST Variation option works? We’re normally trying to identify a temp break that can range anywhere from 2 to 8 degrees (depending on conditions). Generally a 1/2 degree interval is sufficient. For example, a 70-72 degree temp range would be demonstrated on the screen through five different color tracks.

Let's say I want to know when the temp changes 1 or more degrees as I pass along my route during my current fishing session.

I go to HOME > Settings > Ship and Track > Tracks > Multi-color selected / Temperature selected so I can get a slider bar with a range between a minimum of 0.2 degrees variation up-to 2.0 degree variation.

Let's say I choose 1.0 degree of variation.

As my GPS moves and places points down in a track, the sounder is also reading SST from the XDR. The plotter initial SST value set's a color and as the temperature varies 1.0 degree the color line shifts to the new color of the track I just made. Resulting in a colorful line of temp values. If I want to make a quick change to something, I can toggle between color types and change the track color from the track's pop up menu.

Ref.: P. 3-2: https://furunousa.com/-/media/sites/fur ... manual.pdf

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back